Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Speed Matters (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32340)

numeric 3rd November 2011 12:55 AM

Google wants us website operators to focus on our website's services. I guess that's a good thing because Google wants the web owners to be more customer-centric. Nobody in today's time wants to have a slow moving website.

Satisfying simple customer needs goes a long way. If they feel like you've worked on your website to look good and at the same time have some excellent SEO and marketing strategies, it's going to get more traffic.

I guess you can say that it's like you're taking care of a baby. You want him/her to grow the best as he can be.

James Tallett 3rd November 2011 07:22 AM

Hi Sam,

I think speed is important. I know if I am folllowing a link on Google and the site is slow to open. I will just click the back button and go to the next Google link.

Are there many like me? I don't know but I suspect that there are.

All the best
James

ChrisGregory 5th November 2011 11:38 AM

If anyone is using Godaddy to host their site I would think about changing for this very reason. I had my original site hosted there and at first it was really fast but after 3 months it was unbearable. Webmaster tools noticed this too as it showed my site in the slowest 75 percentile---ouch! I moved to a new host and notice a 5 spot jump in rankings immediately.

I don't know if you will see this jump but if you are having speed issues and your hosted on Slowdaddy ;) then it might not be your website. They are notorious for overselling their servers.

Cheers.

Loraine321 7th November 2011 09:09 PM

today morning i had came across some article related to speed of loading the websites and its impact SERP. Google is also considering the speed as one of factor .

Ricki 8th November 2011 11:33 PM

Speed Matters

I agree that website speed matter but always not true.I have some websites that are poor regarding speed but excelent regarding performance .

ChrisGregory 9th November 2011 02:35 PM

If you have sites ranking well and are slow that is probably more because you are doing other things right that have offset the speed factor. Page speed does affect rankings. How much? No one really knows but the fact that Google made it apart of webmaster tools should tell you it is important to them.

Cheers.

waynemorrise 9th November 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samklein (Post 115960)
Found this among my Slashdot updates today:

Looks like it won't make a difference for most people, but having global servers will now boost your ranking.

Thanks for this information. I think this was the thing happen in my website. It just happen that it decreases 1 PR of my site. :( PR4 to PR3.

fairdoes 29th April 2012 03:16 PM

I suspect it will become more of a factor as the internet gets busier. Certainly most 'affordable' web hosts set out to get a good reputation, then cram in far too many customers.

There seems no such thing as a premier shared hosting service, and not everyone wants to manage their own server or VPS. Why should they?

David Son 30th April 2012 07:30 PM

A normal user will never wait for long time to get a website opened. I don't have enough knowledge about Search Engine Algorithms but as normal user I just expressed my views.

twhansbury 18th September 2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Peterr (Post 116122)
today morning i had came across some article related to speed of loading the websites and its impact SERP. Google is also considering the speed as one of factor .

John if you have a link to that article i'm interested and would like to read.
Thanks