Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Offline Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   If I Gave You $1500 To Spend Offline On Marketing.. What Would You Do? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26184)

marveli.t. 7th May 2009 07:03 PM

If I Gave You $1500 To Spend Offline On Marketing.. What Would You Do?

If I gave you $1500 to spend on marketing, what would you do?

How woud you use the money to increase your client base / sales to its maximum ability?

This should be interesting! hehe.

phanio 7th May 2009 10:24 PM

I would stick the money in my bank account and use it for something that I need for my business.

BBlackwood 12th June 2009 03:04 PM

I'd invest in 5,000 business cards and give them out to EVERYone.

Get magnetic signs or decals promoting your enterprise for all family vehicles.

I'd design and print a simple brochure to explain your business' benefit.

Postcards announcing your business can be another relatively low-cost option.

If I had any money left over, I'd pay a PR pro to write a good press release and get it to media that reaches my target customer.

Loganet 13th June 2009 12:24 AM

I'm thinking of sponsoring a club at the local college, perhaps providing them with free pizza for one of their events. In addition to using the money to provide free food, I'd also have a hundred paper plates, napkins and cups printed with FreeBestDeals.com logo, slogan and web address. I know that some marketers don't recommend advertising on consumables, because after the items are used, they are thrown away. But, I think that after seeing FreeBestDeals.com a couple hundred times that night and associating it with free food, it will stick in a few of their heads.

But, I'd also like to give away free item branded FreeBestDeals.com that the students would keep and perhaps use every day. Anyone have a good suggestion that might make an impact? I mean, we could give away pens, but those are too common and too easily lost. Perhaps try the green approach and give away free re-usable shopping bags?

TOrwig 9th August 2009 04:30 PM

I'm a little late to the party but that question cannot be answered unless I know where you are (geographically). Then I can answer it. And would love to.

Tim

jrobconsult 17th August 2009 09:39 PM

I would have a professional press release made for my free consultations to independent small businesses. In addition, I would have a post card drop to selected businesses, along with someone dropping flyers and following these up with phone calls. Lastly would have some kind of crazy contest to draw Media attention.

BWelford 18th August 2009 08:11 AM

If I wish to appear well in Local search so that people will visit my restaurant or store, then I would use the money to buy entries in directories such as Yellow Pages. Normally such entries are not worth having at the price, but for local search they are an important part of the mix.

ernest1918 21st August 2009 03:40 PM

Spend some money on banner stands out side of your store front or a popular area...use the yellow pages....regular mailing lists....should work as well

Hsekhar 27th August 2009 09:32 AM

I would get a couple of thousands of pamphlets printed and get them distributed along with some news papers to the localities where I can expect some business.

phuong 28th August 2009 04:27 AM

I will divide 1,500 USD into 3 or more than that parts:

1/ Business card + leaflet (very attractive and creative with low-cost printing) => you can deal with printing house

2/ Online ads with reliable websites => it doesn't cost much

3/ Friend-to-friend / community forum => it will be free if you have time or you can hire a part-time assistant to do that (like me)

And many more I think :)

Good luck!