Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Earning From Facebook (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37254)

MySmallBiz 30th November 2010 04:17 PM

Earning From Facebook

I've heard a lot of way on how to earn money on the internet but one thing that surprises me is that someone's telling me that they can earn from facebook. Facebook has been the latest social media and I don't know if the earning part is true or not.

Is this true? how could someone earn money by using facebook?

Noman Sarwar 2nd December 2010 02:21 AM

Hi,
I am also surprised!!!!
If anyone knows please share with us how we can earn by facebook.

MySmallBiz 2nd December 2010 12:22 PM

I hope someone really do know.. Kindly share..

englishsunset 3rd December 2010 04:12 PM

I'm going to find out...

I know there is a way to make money using Facebook. I plan on making my first business page tomorrow and getting my feet wet.
I'd love to buy the program I have been getting emails about, but it is just not possible right now. Sure sounds interesting though.

dowson12345 4th December 2010 02:53 AM

I think it is connected with advertising when you place your ad there and people click on it. This is the only way to earn money on Facebook that comes to my head.

printing.host 7th December 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowson12345 (Post 131970)
I think it is connected with advertising when you place your ad there and people click on it. This is the only way to earn money on Facebook that comes to my head.

I am also agree with , i m also trying to find out the source to earn from Face Book but in vain .so how is it possible to get money from..........

MySmallBiz 8th December 2010 12:01 PM

So how does this thing work? Anyone can elaborate on this?

Jax4fun 8th December 2010 12:57 PM

I come across so much hearsay about making money online. Most of the time it's all about hustling. But it's a never ending cycle and it doesn't provide much if any value.

My opinion is, to make money online provide value to people first. Help others by sharing something you enjoy, have passion for, and are good at. That in turn will begin a constant stream of money without the exhausting chase of what's the new making money technique.

I use facebook as a way of creating a community of people who share a similar passion. In my case inspirational quotes, sayings, quotations... This has started to push my website numbers up and is pushing my income up. Always providing value first. It's better to have a visitor to your site who becomes a friend, than a customer you're trying to sell.

My 2 cents.

AlenWayne 13th December 2010 04:38 AM

Some says making money through Facebook’s legendary widget platform, \ which has a huge community reportedly consisting of more than 80 million active users. This presents thousands of advertisers, developers and business site owners an opportunity to uncover ways to monetize their Facebook applications.

rockroad005 13th December 2010 05:56 AM

If you will going to use facebook as online seller it is obviously that you will earn from it. I have a lot of friend who actually use facebook. Some of my friends selling perfume items, shoes, shirts and pants online and they are actually earning as they never expected.

Alizixia 18th December 2010 02:43 AM

Earning From Facebook

hi,
It is very easy to use facebook as a gateway to contact a large number of people. Currently groups and fan pages are a very popular method. A lot of people take great interest in buying already large groups and fan pages to reach a high number of people to advertise aff commission of CPAs.

Also You can make an app and find advertiser like life street media or rockyou to add their ads to your app page. Then you'll earn money from facebook.

englishsunset 19th December 2010 01:35 PM

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out.
I set up a very basic business page and started making friends, but they all ended up on my personal page.

William Veasley 21st December 2010 12:37 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the info!

I just logged back on to my facebook today. I can't remember when's the last time I been on there I'm more of a Twitter person myself. You can find me on Twitter anytime. If I do decide to use facebook more I will most surely take this into account.

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

kre8tivemonkey 21st March 2012 10:04 AM

affiliate marketing

Most people will join some type of "affiliate marketing" and they will start to post them on facebook. Example if you join "cj" and one of your vendors is "coffee dot com" then you will go onto your wall and say "hey found this great coffee for cheap" check it out. When people buy from the link you posted you get a commission.

this is one way people are trying to make money.

Allen Brayan 6th June 2012 06:23 AM

1. SELL. Develop applications solely for the purpose of selling them to interested parties. Several applications have already been acquired in this fashion; the most recent example is that of Mozes’ purchase of TextMe.

2. DEVELOP. An indirect source of funds: develop applications under contract for third parties. A number of companies have been posting contract jobs over at the Facebook’s developer forums. There exists a large gap in the supply and demand of available Facebook application developers; as a result, finding potential clients to charge reasonable rates should not be a hassle.

3. ADVERTISING. Use advertisements, cross-promotion schemes and affiliate marketing. It is not feasible to use Google Adsense for this since Facebook does not allow JavaScript embedding. Adsense may be embedded through iFrames, which despite being popular among Facebook developers, is against Google’s TOS. Affiliate marketing is a great alternative to advertisements; my own source of income on Facebook is generated through Amazon’s affiliate marketing.

4. MICROPAYMENTS. Sell services within Facebook through micro-payment transactions. PayPal payments made for accessing premium services could potentially yield reasonable income depending on the application’s purpose, size, and prospective users.

5. GET INVESTMENT. If you think you have something big on your hands and lack the funds to scale it, apply for investment through Bay Partners and others who have expressed interest in funding Facebook apps. This would be the likely course of action for a startup with plans to expand globally within and beyond Facebook.

donovanjames786 1st August 2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noman Sarwar (Post 131785)
Hi,
I am also surprised!!!!
If anyone knows please share with us how we can earn by facebook.

Actually many people are earning huge business revenue by creating fan pages and promoting their products online. So may be that's why you heard about it.

carpetnj 1st March 2013 09:16 AM

Is anyone actually earning money on Facebook? First hand accounts only please.

roneidaselva 6th March 2013 03:44 AM

Earning From Facebook

There is no way to earn money from facebook. They do not provide such money earning system. You can only earn to promote your website.

carpetnj 6th March 2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roneidaselva (Post 186701)
There is no way to earn money from facebook. They do not provide such money earning system. You can only earn to promote your website.

Thanks for the feedback.

lyra 4th April 2013 07:02 PM

Hi there. I use MarketPage on Facebook to sell my digital images. However, I think MarketPage is only limited to Facebook users for now.

Handdy.com 5th April 2013 01:40 AM

We are a little late, but here goes!

I see that the discussion is old, but would like to contribute anyway.
Today in 2013, Social Media Marketing is huge. In brief, there are two broad ways people can make money on Facebook

Facebook page

Businesses and self employed folk can use facebook to market their presence. There are also Facebook ads and other promotional activities that can be done. When done right, Facebook can serve as free/cheap advertising. Most methods of using Facebook for marketing is free.

Working as a Social Media Marketer

There are now job positions for Social Media Marketers. On the highest level, these guys putting together strategies and monitoring ROI, and on the lowest level they are making Facebook posts on behalf of a company page.

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

BeBizsmart 14th June 2013 08:12 AM

Quite correct Handdy.The only way to reliably make money using Facebook is through persistent work.Like any job, setting a schedule and sticking to it is the key.Making money with Facebook is more of a numbers game than anything else.Since marketing on Facebook costs nothing except time,you can market as much as you want–even to a point that would be prohibitively expensive any other way–and let the percentages and statistics work their magic one penny at a time.Look for a good niche and fill it up with quality content.Create great posts.Get all the likes you could ever get.Use AdFly.

josephlimma 19th June 2013 08:20 AM

start you careers with the facebook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySmallBiz (Post 131698)
I've heard a lot of way on how to earn money on the internet but one thing that surprises me is that someone's telling me that they can earn from facebook. Facebook has been the latest social media and I don't know if the earning part is true or not.

Is this true? how could someone earn money by using facebook?

YES, its true
you can start you careers with the facebook.
for get more knowledge more check this link
https://www.facebook.com/careers/
it you perform good. it may be possible you get a job in fb ............... but its too difficult

:thumbsup2

Karry 25th July 2013 02:12 AM

Yes, you can earn form Facebook. But it is not like Google adsence service, it is paid. You may have to paid for advertisement to sell your products. But it may give you only good traffic diversion. Traffic conversion into profit is all depends on how good your website page. Badly, there is no way to free earning on Facebook yet.

platnumcn 25th July 2013 09:32 PM

For a minute, I thought facebook would be giving us opportunity like adsense to earn :D ... Social media giggs can only work, if you have a solid social network or else, it is difficult to get noticed :(.

Johnyallen 19th August 2013 05:44 AM

dotbiz 24th August 2013 12:55 AM

Wake up guyz! Unlike Google Adsense there is not any revenue-sharing opportunity with Facebook. (No Facebook Adsense). :)

BeBizsmart 27th September 2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platnumcn (Post 195672)
For a minute, I thought facebook would be giving us opportunity like adsense to earn :D ... Social media giggs can only work, if you have a solid social network or else, it is difficult to get noticed :(.

You can't just sit back and wait for the money to come in-you got to go out there and fetch it.That's Facebook.And if asked,the social networking behemoth offers a better chance as a platform to market your business than Google-far,far much better.There are ways to get that solid fanbase,and optimising them to work in your favour will leave you wondering why you never considered to tread that path before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotbiz (Post 197007)
Wake up guyz! Unlike Google Adsense there is not any revenue-sharing opportunity with Facebook. (No Facebook Adsense). :)

There is a difference between using Facebook advertising and Adwords. When you want to generate revenue through online advertising, reaching the right people, with the right message, with the right offer and at the right time is paramount. It’s possible to achieve this with Facebook ads and Adwords.

The major difference is that Adwords are more about fulfilling demand;finding the small set of people willing to buy,or very close to it,then capitalizing on finding people at that stage of the sales funnel.With Google,you are targeting people with the things they’re looking for.With Facebook, you’re targeting them by who they are and what they like;people likely to buy from you at some point.Overall, there is more sales potential.

jamesanalyst123 18th October 2013 12:15 AM

Promote something. Be an affiliate of a certain product and post the link there. But first, you have to grow your Fan page.

Target a specific niche. Find a product to promote. Do your best.

Promotion of a product through Facebook can make it to reach more number of people and which in turn results in earning of good amount of money. All you need to do is build a fan page for the product on the Facebook, target a specific niche and promote your product.

Web for Finance 25th October 2013 03:58 AM

If you want to earn money from Facebook then the simplest thing you can do is to make a Facebook page. This is where you can promote your products/services for free. The more users like your page will make your business popular.

Giov 14th November 2013 10:41 AM

I don't think it's possible right now.
I looked for on the web but i did'nt find something interesting news

Carrie Minton 27th December 2013 09:58 AM

There are actually a lot of ways to earn using FB. First, when you promote your product or services to your friends and followers. Second, for FB page owners, they can apply on FB ads to promote and highlight their business. And I guess, there are many more ways, if you need more details, you can check more from the web. For sure, you'll find many articles about earning money using FB. :)

RyanTC 5th January 2014 06:03 PM

Make great posts. The foundation of any successful plan to make money with social media is good content, and lots of it. On Facebook, that means a stream of interesting links, images, and updates every day.
Make a commitment to earn. The only way to reliably make money using Facebook is through persistent work. Like any job, setting a schedule and sticking to it is the key.
Find an affiliate program. Affiliate programs provide you with a unique ID and marketing materials, and then pay you a commission based on how much business you generate.

Katcarnes 10th March 2014 01:43 AM

I have a home based business and majority of my customers (and team members) are through Facebook. I have a business page and a group page as well. You can be successful if you work for it. So many people want instant success and quit within the first couple months because they are not making thousands of dollars a month (Yet!) But in all honesty, it can take a good 2 years to build up a team/customers to earn that kind of money! 2 years... vs 40 years to retire from a JOB? Easy pick for me :)

NigelGriffiths 13th March 2014 06:04 AM

From what I have seen, it is possible to make money from FB....BUT the majority of it's uses are for branding & another way for Co's to interact/engage with their customers.

I have made money sending traffic from FB Ad's to an anti-snoring website I have....but I lost a lot in the process of testing & testing again & again to target the right age, gender & then comes the wording & the picture decisions of the Ad, along with all the variables on where they are taken i.e. the website.

The number of 'Likes' can be seen as some sort of authority to potential customers. e.g. if you were about to buy a product from a Co you hadn't heard of before & looked at their FB page; what would make you feel 'safer' in your purchase: 122 Likes or 8,600 Likes ??

It is things like that which FB is good for.

Hope this helps
Nigel

Kimjason 27th March 2014 07:36 AM

I think that's some how is connected with the advertising sort but sounds really great though. I mean it could have been really great if FB could be used as an on-line seller.

patricksimzon 27th March 2014 11:04 PM

More way to earn money on Facebook. Just promote it, but depends if what is your business. Just use your own technique how to get money on Facebook.

saytouqeer 16th April 2014 03:05 AM

Yes you can put the ads on your fanpage and generate revenue by the click the ads on your page. You can get money through the paypal or other methods of the online payment.

patriciakramer 21st April 2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax4fun (Post 132245)
I come across so much hearsay about making money online. Most of the time it's all about hustling. But it's a never ending cycle and it doesn't provide much if any value.

My opinion is, to make money online provide value to people first. Help others by sharing something you enjoy, have passion for, and are good at. That in turn will begin a constant stream of money without the exhausting chase of what's the new making money technique.

I use facebook as a way of creating a community of people who share a similar passion. In my case inspirational quotes, sayings, quotations... This has started to push my website numbers up and is pushing my income up. Always providing value first. It's better to have a visitor to your site who becomes a friend, than a customer you're trying to sell.

My 2 cents.

Its really true.

TonyFreeman 4th June 2014 09:24 AM

Yes, you can earn money through Facebook. You can give service to people where you can sell Likes, shares and Facebook accounts there are many people who want to promote their products which you can do by promoting it in Facebook or you can buy facebook ad account and then promote any of your clients product through that.