Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Local Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Guerrilla Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51581)

EmilisM 24th June 2012 08:18 AM

Guerrilla Marketing

Hey, somebody has heard about Guerrilla Marketing. Yeah, I guess it is great for local business because i imagine that to be visible for costumers is very important to use something really exeptional. This marketing type call a guerrilla marketing. By this link you can read more about Guerrilla Marketing strategy.

chinlee 3rd July 2012 08:35 AM

Interesting post about Guerilla marketing. I haven't heard much about it before other than the general concept of it but I think it has a lot of potential. hanks for sharing it here.

JunkDawgs 3rd July 2012 07:52 PM

Geurilla marketing for us is the form of advertisements/advertising that makes you a little uncomfortable. It's easy to send out an email, even cold calling is easier than putting up bandit signs, getting into a mascot uniform or throwing magnets on a mailbox (illegal, not recommended)

waynemorrise 4th July 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkDawgs (Post 172470)
Geurilla marketing for us is the form of advertisements/advertising that makes you a little uncomfortable. It's easy to send out an email, even cold calling is easier than putting up bandit signs, getting into a mascot uniform or throwing magnets on a mailbox (illegal, not recommended)

Oh I have no idea about this Geurilla marketing thing. But if this one is true, this will really categories in black hat techniques.

JunkDawgs 4th July 2012 05:10 PM

I hope I didn't cloud the label, but there are some forms of geurilla marketing that can get you in trouble. The example I mentioned above, putting magnets on mailboxes, is actually prohibited by the post office. However, wearing a mascot unifrom and handing out flyers downtown is an example of geurilla marketing that is legal but non-traditional.

waynemorrise 4th July 2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkDawgs (Post 172569)
I hope I didn't cloud the label, but there are some forms of geurilla marketing that can get you in trouble. The example I mentioned above, putting magnets on mailboxes, is actually prohibited by the post office. However, wearing a mascot unifrom and handing out flyers downtown is an example of geurilla marketing that is legal but non-traditional.

Oh well, this is an offline marketing strategy right? When we talk about online marketing, does this geurilla marketing do exist?

JunkDawgs 6th July 2012 07:27 AM

Yes, off line. Apologies, I assumed that's what we were talking about. I assume geurilla marketing, if pertaining to on line, would be perceived and banned as spam, unless there is a method I am unaware of?

AlexMc 9th July 2012 12:06 PM

I'm not quite sure I fully understand what different kinds of implementations of this "Guerrilla Marketing Strategy" are. Just the name doesn't quite sit well with me. Maybe someone could explain in more of the form of examples?

EricB 9th July 2012 01:23 PM

Guerrilla Marketing takes it's name from Guerrilla Warfare which is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants including use military tactics, such as ambushes, sabotage, raids, the element of surprise, and extraordinary mobility to harass a larger and less-mobile traditional army, or strike a vulnerable target, and withdraw almost immediately.

So what does that have to do with Guerrilla Marketing. The key similarity in my mind is the element of surprise. Think of a Guerrilla Marketing strategy I heard of, you take your business cards and put them in some of the books in the sections of your library or bookstore that pertain to your business. When a person reads the book they'll also come across your business card. You already know they are interested in your business because they are reading a book about it. And I'm sure while they were reading the book, they did not expect to stumble upon your business card. Does this clarify what Guerrilla Marketing is and where is came from?

waynemorrise 9th July 2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkDawgs (Post 172658)
Yes, off line. Apologies, I assumed that's what we were talking about. I assume geurilla marketing, if pertaining to on line, would be perceived and banned as spam, unless there is a method I am unaware of?

I really don't know what's this thing is all about. But It's really great thing to know this one. Can somebody elaborate this one. Thank you.