Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions About the Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Setting Up Your Signature File (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56)

neofelis 2nd July 2004 10:52 AM

Setting Up Your Signature File

I've noticed that many people have developed a nice signature that they put at the bottom of each one of their posts. I have hunted around the forum tools for an easy way to do this but have not found the solution yet.

Is it an attachment (like a signature file for e-mail) or is there something that I am missing here?

--------------
Chris Roberts

Robert 2nd July 2004 11:48 AM

----------------------------------
NOTE: The ability to create a signature file will only be available after a new member has made a few posts.

You will not see the links in these instructions until after your account has been changed.

Hi Chris,

In the navigation bar directly under the puppy at the top of the page look for the "My Settings" link. (My Settings used to be called "User CP")

Once you arrive at the My Settings page look in the left column under "Control Panel - Setting & Options".

Quote:

Important note = The following options are only available after you have posted a few times within the forum.
Click the first option "Edit Signature". This will bring you to the signature editor. Can't find it? See previous important note above this step.

Here is an example of how to create a linked signature:

[ URL=http://www.yourdomain.com]Your Website Name[/URL ] - Your description goes here.

(remove the spaces after the opening [ and after the closing ])

Here are the guidelines regarding signature files from our terms of service:

You may set up a short signature file with a limit of 3 lines of 70 characters using the default font and default settings. Some bold text may be used but please do not use bold text for your entire signature. Only two links are allowed in each signature.

Signature files may not link to any adult content. This includes bikini sites, babe of the day sites, sites with excessive profanity, etc. We reserve the right to determine what is acceptable.

No center or right justified signature files.

Signature files that do not follow our terms of service will be edited or deleted without notice.

If this isn't clear, or you need further help just let me know. :)

By the way, don't be afraid to experiment - you won't break anything. :D

neofelis 2nd July 2004 05:19 PM

Trying out the signature

Thanks for the help Robert - I just set it up and will see if it works for this post.

And I've broken so many Internet apps in my time that I am always careful when it comes to something new. ;)

hjgauthier 1st June 2007 06:08 AM

clickable link in my sig file

How do I set up a clickable link in my sig file

Robert 1st June 2007 11:43 AM

You had everything right except you had an extra period... you had "hjgauthier..com"

I've fixed it for you so you are now all set.

hjgauthier 1st June 2007 05:30 PM

Link in Sig File

Thanks Robert
I am giving it a try to see if it works right.
Hubert

hjgauthier 1st June 2007 05:36 PM

Link in Sig File

That didn't work and I am trying again.

hjgauthier 1st June 2007 05:39 PM

Link in Sig File

Robert,
What you did for me was a hyper link, but not to my site. I am not sure what the difference is in my "domain" and my "website name" in the example link you had in your previous post. Could you explain the difference so that I might be able to get my hyperlink in my signature to link to my web site?
thanks,
Hubert

Robert 1st June 2007 09:58 PM

Ok, I see what's happening. The domain in the url you are entering is being blocked out automatically. There are certain domains that spam us so often that we finally had to block any mention of it to stop the spammers.

Unfortunately this means you won't be able to use that url in your signature.

hjgauthier 5th June 2007 04:05 AM

Thanks, Robert, that explains a lot.