Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Search Engine Marketing Information (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Best Source Of Traffic (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71695)

hasnat.csit 30th December 2015 01:01 AM

Best Source Of Traffic

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a discussion on the best source of traffic. Many people talk abut free traffic from Google, but after years of working in SEO, I now realise that there is no such things as free traffic.

The cost of services, software, sites, or tools that are required to get you into the top spot on Google, cost a lot and possibly more than going out and paying for a PPC campaign, or running an email marketing campaign.

So my question for you all is.... what do you think is the most cost effective way of generating traffic?

What has been your own experience in getting the best ROI in the area of online marketing?

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

rnhaas 30th December 2015 08:42 AM

Depends

I think it really depends on what you are selling or providing. If you are running some kind of ecommerce business which sells relatively low priced items, for example, I think PPC is probably your best source of traffic, at least initially.

But PPC doesn't necessarily work if you are selling something different or if you aren't selling anything at all.

The best source of traffic is whichever provides you with the right clients/users. That could be twitter for all I know. Depends on the site.

Just my opinion.

fairdoes 30th December 2015 10:46 AM

My best source has always been Google, but the much-maligned competition: Yandex, Baidu, Bing also contribute.

2nd best is twitter, though this generates more VIEWS and less serious intent, judging by bounce rate, time on site, etc.

If you can face the effort, Youtube is brilliant - but your video needs to stand out as clearly better than the competition.

PPC was useless for me.

jeffscott 14th January 2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasnat.csit (Post 238380)
I would like to start a discussion on the best source of traffic.

The cost of services, software, sites, or tools that are required to get you into the top spot on Google, cost a lot and possibly more than going out and paying for a PPC campaign, or running an email marketing campaign.

So my question for you all is.... what do you think is the most cost effective way of generating traffic?

Best sources of traffic will be on search engines, social media sites, blog sites, and other platforms that usually visited by most people. However, you need to establish your site in these field and it will not cost you as well as it will take time but worth it in the long run.

chrisjohn93 15th January 2016 01:49 AM

Best Source for traffic is from Search Engine link Google, Yahoo, bing, etc.. and From Social Media websites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc....

SaraMartine 19th January 2016 04:35 AM

The best source of traffic is the organic. Because it is the actual traffic or users from where you will get the business. As you have mentioned the term that free traffic from Google. There is nothing like free traffic. You will get organic traffic only when you are on the first page of Google SERP for targeted keywords which are relevant to your business services.

randiv1984 19th January 2016 05:44 AM

I think search engine, social media sites and blog sites are really great source of traffic. If you are talking about ppc ads i think it is not easy and cheapest way for getting traffic.

DeniseTaylor 19th January 2016 08:46 AM

Creating valuable content that is sought after by visitors, then ensuring a good visitor experience when they come to your site is the best way to gain traffic. It's the safest method too.

If time is money, though, it isn't free. Sometimes you do need PPC to keep the traffic flowing until the long-term methods start to work.

rohan941 19th January 2016 10:14 AM

Base on my experience SEO is the best, I agree that it has some downfalls, for instance, it can take a long time to get to the top of the search engine (will defer on the difficulty of your niche) and can cost you some dedicated investments but this will depend on which method you choose to build backlinks, you can either do it yourself (free but time-consuming) or you can pay for backlinks.

However, SEO also has great benefits, once you've made it to the top of the search engine for your specific keyword you'll receive constant and targeted traffic for weeks, months and even years yet to come so all your hard work will worth it.

Pay per click can be good but base on my experience if you make one mistake you can end up losing money. For instance, you can pay and get traffic that doesn't convert and even if it does converts sometimes only 2 visitors out of 25 are interested in your offer. Not saying PPC is bad because I've heard of persons with great experience using PPC.

So I'll say it all depends on your niche selection, this can defer what it will takes and what trafficking method to choose to reach your gold.

HCFGrizzly 19th January 2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasnat.csit (Post 238380)
Hi everyone,

I would like to start a discussion on the best source of traffic. Many people talk abut free traffic from Google, but after years of working in SEO, I now realise that there is no such things as free traffic.

What has been your own experience in getting the best ROI in the area of online marketing?

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments.

Well, because I have SEO and Web Development knowledge, my best source of traffic was the organic traffic from Google. I don`t know if it was cost effective considering the amount of time I have invested in my websites, but I didn`t trust another person to do my SEO for me. (there are lots of sh*t firms out there that will do you more good than bad and charge you money from it)
The second source of traffic for me was social media: Especially Facebook and Twitter. (I know, social media platforms don`t help with SEO, but they were great sources of "free" traffic)