Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How Often Should You Update Your Blog? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75010)

Williams Reus 6th October 2016 06:22 PM

How Often Should You Update Your Blog?

How often should a blog be updated to get the traffic from google coming in?

I currently update my blog at least twice a month. But should I be updating it more often?

How often do you update your blog?

MichaelWelter 22nd October 2016 07:13 PM

I do it twice a week.

janejane 4th November 2016 02:04 AM

I update twice a week as well. I think it's not too often and not too rare. I have time to make my content good.

New_Year 7th November 2016 07:48 AM

Maybe there is no 'perfect' amount of updates per week, rather you should ask yourself why you blog. And to what audience.

I guess different blogs have different purposes, and therefore they should be customized to its own specific purpose. And certain user-groups might require different things from a blog or news-source.

Mitch carson.j 8th November 2016 01:59 PM

I thing it is very good twice in month. anything more that is better than that. Keep your mind that if you do that once in a month also ok. Thanks

jeffscott 18th November 2016 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williams Reus (Post 249192)
I currently update my blog at least twice a month. But should I be updating it more often?
How often do you update your blog?

It depends on your audience on how often your blog site was visited.

SusanVelez 2nd January 2017 10:15 AM

I don't think that there is a definite number. I tend to post 2x per week. This allows me to grow my blog because it is new. While I can also spend time promoting it.

Remember, you still need to promote your content, otherwise no one is going to see your blog posts.

So even if you're writing amazing content, give yourself some time to promote it.

Norberto 3rd January 2017 06:42 AM

I think that it very much depends on the king and amount of content. And I believe is even better to focus on building longer posts than to make them shorter but more often

SusanVelez 3rd January 2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norberto (Post 252043)
I think that it very much depends on the king and amount of content. And I believe is even better to focus on building longer posts than to make them shorter but more often

I agree, focusing on longer and more in-depth posts beats putting out tons of smaller posts. This tip alone is making a huge impact on the number of retweets my posts get on Twitter.

printshop1 4th January 2017 08:08 AM

The more you update your blog the more traffic you will get but it all depends upon what type of content you will be posting what about the quality and how useful those contents are.. Better if updated daily if not possible weekly.