Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Search Engine Marketing Information (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Big Brother Is Watching... (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29044)

ktaylor310 13th November 2009 10:26 AM

Big Brother Is Watching...

Molly Wood of CNET says of her interview this week w/Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google:

Quote:

One of, I think, Google's great temptations must be to use all the information it can gather about you based on that unbelievable search dominance and use it to deliver products that are perfectly tailored to what you want. But Schmidt was very clear that we users would obviously be uncomfortable (to say the least) with product development that overtly used knowledge based on our searches. He said there's a clear division at Google and there's a lot of information that goes untouched. He also said, though, that it's a judgment decision that happens internally, so while you can rest assured knowing they're carefully considering how to use search data, we don't actually know anything about what data they do or don't use. Start your conspiracy engines now.
Kind of creepy IMO.

Sas123 17th November 2009 07:07 AM

Sometimes I'm a bit scared of Big Brother watching me. Google practically controls the internet and soon it will control even our preferences and tastes.

DavidMort 24th November 2009 03:22 AM

I guess it already controlling us to some extent, and that's logical of him if he wants to improve the services and the work itself

FL Management 3rd December 2009 12:49 AM

Till now we all know that no one owns internet but that want be true after some year 70% of internet is owned by google, it will not take much long that the Big Brother will own 100%

janicejan 6th December 2009 08:34 AM

Google always makes updates and change its algorithm overtime so what we really need to do is ride the flow, no need to be freaked out about sudden changes.

eskimo 20th January 2010 10:29 PM

I am not that afraid about it, Google helps me alot this time, it give me result what I am looking for, I have been with Google for years and still I dont think Google can see what my paypal address and paypal passwords is

stevensonjame 21st January 2010 10:56 AM

Changes in google's algo is inevitable hence we also equip ourselves daily on how to bit him.

TmasterMind 25th January 2010 03:47 AM

Google has undoubtedly shared its great help in the Internet and therefore making us feel that it can totally dominate our practices online...but it's not. It's still upon us on how we'll be able to extend Internet resources and how we'll be able to use it to our advantage. Although as Google plays the biggest role, paying attention to its rules shouldn't be that hard at all.

samuel theirn 29th January 2010 05:19 AM

Your paranoia is a result of just a simple lack of computer understanding. Some activity is stored. It has to be stored due for both functionality and data storage regulations, but only for large sites.

But no, no one is watching you. No one cares. It's too great a task to monitor unimportant activity on the Internet.

charmbeautyspa 29th January 2010 09:34 AM

Google has definitely changed the way searches are made on the internet. I agree, kind of creepy.