Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   What Is The Best Method To Gain Followers In Any Social Networking? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42239)

Mike.Bean 18th July 2011 11:16 AM

What Is The Best Method To Gain Followers In Any Social Networking?

You can not just go around looking for customers and trying to get them to add your account onto face book or twitter or any other social networking site. So how do you do this? Besides having a button on my main websites for these things of course.

It's fairly new but still, in three months nobody is adding me to there face book or twitter. How do I get more target consumers to add me to these websites??

BeTheBest 18th July 2011 10:23 PM

When in business, you should consider Facebook to be your lead generation source... or at least one of them.

So how do you (or did you) do it before?? For mailing list subscriptions, you need to offer something of value. The same for Facebook.

Not sure of your site... or if you blog... but you could also get more out of it when you start to get controversial in your comments. Yes, you may upset some. But the others... they will be solid followers.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

DennisChang 19th July 2011 01:51 AM

Having good content surely helps. For a start, maybe you can try get your friends to be your followers first.

melissacatwalk 19th July 2011 06:55 AM

You should show that you are interesting and we know a lot and we are ready to share your knowledge with people. On Facebook try to set up a fan page.

Rojae Braga 19th July 2011 01:46 PM

Hi All!

This has also been a real challenge for me when I started using Social Media accounts, and I believe it is for everyone.

However, I've come across 2 useful web services that hopefully may help: Twiends & Social Clump. Both of them are used in growing your number of Twitter followers, Youtube subscribers & viewers, & Facebook page likes.

Please see the separate thread that I'll be starting with a comparative analysis for both these sites.

These are quite new services (especially Social Clump) that look promising, and I'd be glad to share my experience with them to everyone. :welcome2:

Candice Robins 19th July 2011 05:28 PM

Social media is a successful internet marketing tactic for many companies in increasing brand awareness and loyalty. However, it is not always appropriate for every industry or business. Therefore, I would suggest consulting an internet marketing agency to determine whether social media is a beneficial outlet for promoting your business and reaching your customers.

David Jackson 19th July 2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candice Robins (Post 147625)
Social media is a successful internet marketing tactic for many companies in increasing brand awareness and loyalty. However, it is not always appropriate for every industry or business.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I can't think of a single industry that couldn't benefit from a properly executed social media marketing campaign.

David Jackson

smallbus01 26th July 2011 12:50 PM

GOOD CONTENT. Very good useful articles get potential customers interested. Once you get some people interested, you will need to interact with your followers/friends to get them hooked. Keep updating your page and tweets for new products or releases. Try using Linkedin too, very useful.

Ted GWL 26th July 2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Jackson (Post 147639)
I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I can't think of a single industry that couldn't benefit from a properly executed social media marketing campaign.

David Jackson

I know a guy who owns a small manufacturing company that manufactures small stainless steel components that are sub-assemblies for other parts manufacturers. He has 6 total customers that keep him busy with work. How is a social media campaign going to benefit this guy?

UtahPRGUy 26th July 2011 06:06 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but I agree with the others that content is king when it comes to social media. I also think links to other relevant information on other sites is very important if you are trying to gain followers on any social network site.