Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   eBay & Other Auctions & Marketplaces (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are There Any Other Places To Sell Stuff Online Besides Ebay? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38565)

skatersollie 31st January 2011 03:18 AM

Are There Any Other Places To Sell Stuff Online Besides Ebay?

are there any other places to sell stuff online besides ebay?

I will list 2 others..if anyone knows any other places please add to the list and give a little discription if possible.

1. ioffer.com no listing fees however, takes a percentage of sales..
2. ebid.net no listing fees, but takes a small portion of sales, unless you upgrade..a little hard to get around

mydream2 31st January 2011 07:08 AM

I had a eBay business for quite some time selling various products, did pretty well until eBay raised there fees so high there was no profit, reason why so many sellers have since left.

Bonanza is a great online auction website, fees are much lower, and many added features, also I would consider amazon, you can sell many of the same products, just do a search on there website to see if there are any other sellers for your items, and if so, then it's a go, takes a little while to get set up, but once it's done very hassle free, and there payment system is much safer and secure.

Hope this helps and Good Luck with your business.

SanWay 31st January 2011 02:40 PM

i still consider that ebay is teh best palce to sell goods as all other site are not so popular.

mydream2 31st January 2011 02:48 PM

personally I have had a few bad experiences with Paypal, fraud from buyers and no real help resolving issues, but for now, eBay is still the powerhouse, but there are other sites catching speed.

DeniseTaylor 31st January 2011 03:14 PM

Mydream2 beat me to it. I was going to say Bonanza, too. It looks quite interesting, the fees are great, but I've never used it yet.

I just remembered there are others. Google "online auctions" and see what comes up. I know there are several, but which ones are effective, I'm not sure. Once you get some names, you could Google them to find information on them.

ronsidney 13th July 2012 10:36 AM

Hey guys thanks for the info! I sell my coin pushers on ebay as well as my website and id say 3 out of 5 of my customers use ebay.

They just want to be protected and want to be able to leave feedback..

I would like more customers to just go directly to my site as then i wouldn't have to pay ebay fees.

I will try those other sites you guys mentioned

ronsidney

Bo_Manry 20th July 2012 11:44 AM

Another option would be posting your items on local news websites. If you want to pay a fee, Amazon would be the best option. It's easily one of the easiest sites to use for shopping.

rreger 6th August 2012 10:21 PM

Depending on what you sell, Craigslist can be a good place to sell items.

Subuno 30th August 2012 01:29 PM

I've sold a few things on Amazon Marketplace. Fees are high though, but the process of listing is super easy, especially if you have the UPC or can find a listing on Amazon already.

dothebusiness 31st August 2012 06:35 AM

Why not go to car boot sales or hold a garage sale. It's amazing the number of people that attend these events and buy items we no longer need.