Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Keeping Fresh Content Published For A Blog? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56776)

Hampers 30th April 2013 11:47 PM

Keeping Fresh Content Published For A Blog?

Hi, I have several blogs across different niches and have regularly posted new uinique content on them over the years.

Now, I would like to have a guest blog taken from "news keyword" or "latest articles keyword" to be the latest postings - from other blogs or authority bloggers and of course including a link to their actual blog.

This would work as a set and forget fresh content related to keyword resource and help with a blog that has laid idle/dormant for a few weeks.

What would you suggest?

robinmark 1st May 2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampers (Post 190334)
Hi, I have several blogs across different niches and have regularly posted new uinique content on them over the years.

Now, I would like to have a guest blog taken from "news keyword" or "latest articles keyword" to be the latest postings - from other blogs or authority bloggers and of course including a link to their actual blog.

This would work as a set and forget fresh content related to keyword resource and help with a blog that has laid idle/dormant for a few weeks.

What would you suggest?

Hello i didn't get that what you're asking i am confused so i request to you that ask a question in simple way.

Jen 100 17th June 2013 08:06 AM

If you are suggesting taking content from someone's blog or from news sites to publish on your own blog I would be very careful about the duplicate content. Instead I suggest you write a brief summary or even a 1 or 2 sentence teaser and then link to the real article. This allows you to have unique content on your site but still share the story with your readers. You don't want to be penalized for duplicate content and you also don't want to use someone's content without permission.

panthervision23 17th June 2013 08:30 AM

Reposting a blog will not add points to your SERPs. It's a duplicated content, even if it's legally syndicated. I suggest you should find an inspiration to make your write with great passion or ask someone to help write some good stuff.

AmyCarter88 17th June 2013 02:01 PM

You can certainly meet guest bloggers through sites like My Blog Guest and other similar websites that connects blog owners with blog writers. This method is effective but use moderately.

Do not copy content from other websites. I've seen websites SERP drop significantly from doing this even though their external link-building strategies were good. I wouldn't even have citations as much as possible. If there is anything in the world of online marketing that is a clear "DO NOT ENTER" sign, it is putting duplicate content on your website.

PatprecisionE 18th June 2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyCarter88 (Post 193203)
Do not copy content from other websites. I've seen websites SERP drop significantly from doing this even though their external link-building strategies were good.

So true. Copied content is a bad thing- Both from technical and moral perspectives.

I would also go with guest bloggers. With guest blogging be all the rage these days, I bet you'd have no trouble finding some willing to write for you. In fact, I bet there's some people on this very forum who might be interested.

Babiesbase 21st June 2013 11:10 AM

Duplicates

Pre Feb 2011 republishing content worked wonderfully.
Post Feb 2011 (Google Panda) it doesn't work and can cause a problem for you.

Its all got to be 100% unique now, Google has changed the game and the web for good.

lucytrueman 24th June 2013 11:32 AM

Totally Agree with you!

Yes publishing fresh content in a blog is the best practice which Google loves.

I also have blogs on my furniture website where I post unique and fresh content regularly, and getting good traffic from my blog. :whisper:

Beth Worthy 25th June 2013 04:32 AM

As per my suggestion, when it comes to a great and quality content, important aspect which is kept into consideration was writing great content that both web users and search engines will love is the key factor for the success of the website. I would like to mention some of the benefits that a fresh, regular and high quality content like a regular update in the content will encourage the spiders to crawl the site more effectively,the content should be indexed before the competitor's content and fresh content will be indexed faster faster.

platnumcn 17th July 2013 09:05 PM

Duplicate content, if not gets you banned, can play a huge role in degrading your site's ranking. Rather than having duplicate content posted on your site, ask for quality bloggers to keep your site updated with useful content.