Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Social Bookmarking Help? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32051)

sandranavles 29th March 2010 08:24 AM

Social Bookmarking Help?

How can get traffic from social bookmarking sites?

SmarterLiving 30th March 2010 02:21 AM

The Secret to Social Bookmarking Sites

Sandra-

Social bookmarking is an AWESOME way to get links back to your site, but it can be very time consuming. What I would suggest is to go to onlywire.com, set up a free acount, enter all your log in information and use it to bookmark your sites. You only have to enter your log in information once and then onlywire automatically posts your link to like 60 social book marking sites!!!

GT3 Digital 1st April 2010 06:05 PM

One of the ways that social bookmarking can help you drive traffic is that your social bookmarks can show up in search results. So the key is to create an account that is related to either your business name or something very relevant to your business, that way if someone does a search for a topic that is related or your business name your bookmarks will show up. I also believe that if you are bookmarking sites that relate to your business or product that helps as well but I am not 100% positive about that.

The previous poster is right that it can be time consuming but remember this is just one small tool in the toolbox so don't kill yourself but rather build up your lists over time.

Good luck.

gotlivechat 1st April 2010 08:27 PM

What is the actual purpose of having a social bookmark? Obviously I know what bookmarking is used for in terms of a web browser, but social bookmark?

joshua99 2nd April 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotlivechat (Post 115339)
What is the actual purpose of having a social bookmark? Obviously I know what bookmarking is used for in terms of a web browser, but social bookmark?

It simply means that you will be sharing your bookmarks with your friends hence the name social bookmarking.

This is done through site such as delicious and furl.

The more people bookmark your site the more traffic you can expect as people consider your site as being popular.

rajeshiseo 3rd April 2010 05:18 AM

you could increase your friend list or follower on social bookmarking sites they provide you good traffic and backlink.

mitchhyle 5th April 2010 07:39 AM

Give a catchy headline
Add a meaningful description
Make the first paragraph captivating
Create relevant and original content
Insert your keywords

mileycullens 5th April 2010 07:50 AM

Here, are tips to increase traffic and number of repeated visitors to your site.

* Set your goals - It is mandatory to keep in mind your main focus. Know the right section to post the article offering educative content. Also make sure that the title you choose is captivating and exciting, so that the visitors are compelled to visit your site. The article should be meaningful and precise.
* Offer high-value content - Ensure that the content you stumble is of high-value for the users to spend time on your website. Avoid spamming in groups or forums because it may bring huge traffic in the initial stage but after sometime, it would simply fade out.
* Promote your brand effectively - It is essenzmake it look informative as well as appealing.

read more on redalkemi dot com

rockroad005 6th April 2010 11:44 AM

Social Bookmarking, It is very important to be a highly actively involved into social bookmarking activities. Join all the major Social Bookmarking websites like dig, delicious etc. Bookmark your own articles and press releases over there, make friends and share your bookmarks. Social bookmarking websites are very well optimized and are cached by search engines everyday. If your website's content, link etc is bookmarked over there then you can expect your website to get cached by Google within twenty four hours as well. Try all the above mentioned SEO ideas in your daily SEO work and experience the change in the results yourself.

BrittMalka 6th April 2010 02:30 PM

Within 24 hours, Rockroad?

Wow, that's great news :) :thumbsup2

I just bookmarked around 50 of my articles with the same keywords. I'm looking forward to seeing results, then.

But if more and more people use social bookmarking, will it not harm the effect?