Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Is Anybody Using Tumblr? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76057)

Norberto 3rd January 2017 07:40 AM

Is Anybody Using Tumblr?

I started to wonder if is anybody using Tumblr as a mean to make markting in social media? Anyway if you use Tumblr how do you use it? I mean if it should be used in any different manner than Facebook for example?

Rob Schneider 6th January 2017 02:08 AM

I use tumblr for marketing my website pages but i dont use in the same way as i do for facebook.
I only post 1-2 posts on tumblr within 4-5 hours and that's it.

Thirumuguran C 6th January 2017 05:12 AM

I am using Tumblr to drive traffic to my blog, I'll just share my post. The reach may vary based on the post and the followers we have.

urbansoft 9th January 2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thirumuguran C (Post 252148)
I am using Tumblr to drive traffic to my blog, I'll just share my post. The reach may vary based on the post and the followers we have.

How much traffic you can get from Tumblr?

Norberto 9th January 2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Schneider (Post 252138)
I only post 1-2 posts on tumblr within 4-5 hours and that's it.

So how many posts do you put on fb per day?

Thirumuguran C 9th January 2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbansoft (Post 252242)
How much traffic you can get from Tumblr?

I am getting very few traffic from it, not more than 10 sessions per day. but I am working to build my followers so that the amount of traffic may increased.

smartkpis.com 15th January 2017 03:01 AM

Personally, I use tumblr.

However, I do not build a lot of focus on Tumblr for marketing strategy as the site has less users than it used to have along the past few years.

This does not mean that you should reject Tumblr completely, instead it, us it to bring more followers to your main target, such as your website. By doing so, you will spread options for people to find your website.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Mariette

smartkpis.com 12th March 2017 04:40 AM

Depends on your product/service and how you design your Tumblr Page

I think it all depends on your product and/or service.
If you are a blog/ website owner, wanting more exposure then sure Tumblr is a great way to advertise.
It's a great way to add more clicks and interests, but if you're advertising clothes or food, it might not be as well campaigned.
This all varies though. I've known pretty great Tumblr pages dedicated for their unique bags that they sell. But they use Tumbr similar like any website, so they really changed their Tumblr page to create it more of their Brand.

I hope that helps!
Smartkpis

Brooke.Harper 13th March 2017 04:06 AM

Tumblr's best used for driving traffic to your website by means of using SEO-friendly keywords. 3-6 posts per week should do the trick.

Although most people don't take Tumblr too seriously, make sure to write compelling, quality content and by all means avoid plagiarism.

Julia StaRomana 28th March 2017 04:31 AM

I see Tumblr as more similar to WordPress than Facebook and treat is as such. I use SEO and online marketing techniques. I treat it as an off-page site for my main websites.