Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How Do You Get Traffic To Your Blog? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24613)

badgerben 25th January 2009 10:29 PM

How Do You Get Traffic To Your Blog?

I hear about the success people are having with blogs, but I'm having a hard time understanding where the traffic is coming from. Is the majority of traffic coming from seo, forum comments, etc?

bluejay47 27th January 2009 12:19 AM

That's what everybody wants to know. I think it's a combination of everything. If you're finding something that works for you, stick with it.

raj101 27th January 2009 03:12 AM

I used to leave comments on many blogs to try to get some traffic back to my blog . So leave comments on blogs related to your niche .Submit your blog and RSS to Directories . Use your main keywords in the title of your post .Use your secondary keywords in the body of your article . Every post has a power to create a million dollar business for you . Best of luck .

Tom Lindstrom 4th February 2009 07:30 AM

90% of the traffic I get comes from Google and the rest from different sources like forums, social media and blog comments I left on other blogs.

There are tools you can use to see from where your traffic is coming from.I use statcounter. (statcounter.com)

procopywriter 5th February 2009 02:31 AM

Here are a few ideas... (I'm working on systematically implementing each one of them)...

Search engine optimization.
Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Blog communities (mybloglog, blogcatalog, etc.)
RSS Feeds (Feedburner)
Social Bookmarking (check out onlywire.com)
Commenting on other's blogs.
Commenting on forums related to your topic.
Doing teleseminars.
Public speaking.
Pay-per-click advertising.
Article marketing. (e-zine articles)
Podcasting.(podomatic.com)
Video marketing (youtube, google video, etc.)
Guest post on other's blogs related to your subject.
Allow other bloggers to guest post on your blog.

That's just off the top of my head.

magma 14th February 2009 06:01 AM

Well on my blog i'm having 98% traffic from search engines And just 2% from referral sites .
Well use google analytics If you want to know where is your traffic coming From

jimmy03 16th February 2009 02:16 AM

Re

I got majority of my traffic for my blog from,social networking website,forums and by leaving blog comments on others blogs.These are the things that had clicked for me in getting traffic to my blog.

mcdwg76 17th February 2009 11:54 PM

I've read in many occassions the majority of traffic comes from ad sense, google search. Keywords is a very important part, I read that in a blog of 400 words the main keywords should be mentioned at least 24 times, always mention it in the first sentence, and the lat.

kennethquinn 18th February 2009 04:50 AM

I would like to tell you that work on your keywords and do some social media for it and i'm sure you will get traffic because even i get traffic through it :)

Anelly 18th February 2009 06:40 AM

To generate traffic for my blogs, i use social media in combination with commenting on related blogs. Also i have submitted my blogs to blogs directory and it's very important to add new posts as often as possible.