Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How Often Do You Write Blogs? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63255)

Cindy16 24th March 2014 12:06 PM

How Often Do You Write Blogs?

How often do you write blogs for your site?

torka 24th March 2014 02:40 PM

My site only has one blog. But I write posts for that blog about once a week or so. (Sorry, you managed to hit on a terminology issue that drives me up the wall. The "blog" is the collection of articles. Each individual article is properly called an article or a "post." One doesn't write "blogs," one writes "posts.")

That said, we are a B2B company, so we don't need to post constantly to keep up with developments. I would imagine someone in a faster moving industry might need to post more often.

--Torka :iratep:

Cindy16 26th March 2014 12:34 AM

Thanks for correcting Torka.. What I mean is post.. (Facepalm) My bad..
Is it true that the more you update your site with fresh post or content, the more Google or search engines would love your site?

fairdoes 3rd April 2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

the more Google or search engines would love your site?
Not really. If you publish something that really interests you, then daily or weekly will do. People that tick along gently for years tend to do well, provided its original and useful content.

With WordPress you can schedule posts to be published while you go away on VACATION. :)

AvniShergill 4th April 2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy16 (Post 208796)
Thanks for correcting Torka.. What I mean is post.. (Facepalm) My bad..
Is it true that the more you update your site with fresh post or content, the more Google or search engines would love your site?

Yes, it's true. More you will update your site with fresh content, more google as well as people will prefer to visit your blog as they will come know certain new things.

darthtraten 21st April 2014 12:57 PM

Would like to post once a week but work prevents me from doing so :(

Abhinandan Garg 24th April 2014 11:58 PM

My Blog is all about Latest technology, updates, Blogging & tech ! I do write article for my Blog But I sometimes I accept Guest Post (Articles) from others (Audience) so I don't need to write much article for my Blog.

DennisChang 28th April 2014 02:38 AM

Mine is a company blog that targets companies and organizations. We tried to update at least once or twice per month.

EasyCleanTO 28th April 2014 11:38 PM

I try to keep to a very consistent 1 per week. I only break this if there is a special day that would be nice to blog on, such as Earth Day.

MBA Trainer 30th April 2014 01:34 PM

In blogging the best practice is to do work with frequency and consistency. It all depends on the blogger to adjust the frequency and consistency. In blogging post must be research based.