Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Website Or Blog ? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68628)

shivshakti 29th April 2015 03:24 AM

Website Or Blog ?

i have been confused on content marketing aspect. lets say i get ideas to form quality discussion subject. should i post on blog or my website? OR both the way it is same?

DeniseTaylor 29th April 2015 01:58 PM

The answer is both. But if you're referring to commenting on posts, realize that those kinds of activities don't get much search engine attention these days. Anything where you can easily get a link or do yourself has minimal value now. The most important factor is natural links from people who like your content.

edward222 30th April 2015 03:54 AM

Your website should have a blog,
reach out other bloggers and socialize with them
when enough bloggers notices your blog,
people will eventually notice your website.

mairajassy 4th May 2015 02:34 AM

Well dear if your website have a blog then it would be very cool to make regular posting and promote it in the social networks ..

jeffscott 11th May 2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivshakti (Post 227597)
i have been confused on content marketing aspect. lets say i get ideas to form quality discussion subject. should i post on blog or my website? OR both the way it is same?

It doesn't matter as long as you always consider your targeted audience to be benefactors from the interesting and engaging content that's the most important at all.:welcome2:

vestes 12th May 2015 05:04 AM

both are good but if you have blog for your website is will be great so if you can run both of them then its good

MichaelXH 12th May 2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseTaylor (Post 227639)
The answer is both. But if you're referring to commenting on posts, realize that those kinds of activities don't get much search engine attention these days. Anything where you can easily get a link or do yourself has minimal value now. The most important factor is natural links from people who like your content.

Adding on that, this is why it's so important to work on content and why having a blog is so valuable -- it's a steady stream of content you can produce and promote, and if it's good, people will start following it and even better, talking about it and linking back to it.

Vida Rinaldi 12th May 2015 09:52 PM

Well, for me, both are important in considering for a marketing strategy for these website and blog can help to increase your target market easily:)

Lillian Vega 8th July 2015 04:33 AM

Owning a Blog and a Website

While I don't recommend starting off with both, here's an example of why you may start with a website and then add a blog at a later time.

Let's say you have a site on healthy eating. It's 75 pages of different tips on what kinds of foods you can eat. A lot of the information is evergreen and it's a wonderful site for people to bookmark for future reference.

Now let's say you want to start a section on this site where you announce a new recipe every week. Since you will be providing new information on a consistent basis, this kind of content is best presented in a blog format because blogs show the most recent content first and organize the information by date and category.

Since blogs are setup to divide the content into categories, you could add categories to make surfing your blog easier (Desserts, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner etc.) and post the recipes into the appropriate category.

Now you have your healthy eating site with its static, evergreen information and you can use your blog for your latest and greatest recipes. People can subscribe to your blog through RSS and they'll be notified every time you add a new recipe.

JoeInTheMiddle 8th July 2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivshakti (Post 227597)

Do you mean write a Guest Post somewhere or host the content yourself (on your website)?
I would say it depends on how much valuable content you have on your website. If you've not got a solid foundation then you should place it offsite on a popular blog which has the same target audience as you. This way you can raise awareness of your website and also gain a link back to your website, which will be valuable for your rankings in Google.

If this isn't what you mean, then consider my foot to be well and truly in my mouth.

Joe.