Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Blog Commenting

Eric Rowan
29th December 2015, 03:58 AM
May i know whether blog commenting is still an effective link building techniques in SEO?

bengteng
29th December 2015, 06:37 AM
Hi Eric,

Blog commenting can still be an effective form of link-building in 2015/2016 but it is a technique that has been used and abused by spammers all over the world. Google doesn't really like links from blog comments. However, it highly depends on the website. If you are commenting on a page that has a high Majestic Trust Flow rating and a decent DA (Domain Authority) then you can still get a nice amount of link-juice passed through to your website.

Google is looking for quality over quantity. When doing blog comments, make sure your comment is a good contribution and not just a one liner like "yeah i agree with the above". Obviously posting your link has to make sense too, otherwise it'll probably get deleted. I'm pretty sure most blogs have "nofollow" comment sections anyway, meaning you won't get any link-juice and a significantly reduced SEO benefit from them. There are so many other SEO strategies that you can implement nowadays - I wouldn't really recommend blog commenting as an SEO strategy, going into 2016.

DeniseTaylor
29th December 2015, 02:27 PM
Most of what used to be done to obtain links is now null when it comes to earning search engine brownie points. A rule of thumb is that if it's easy to get or something you can do yourself, it likely won't make much difference to you in terms of increasing your rank. In fact, using any technique abusively or excessively in an attempt to manipulate your rankings could actually work against you.

On the other hand, being social and posting on blogs is great for increasing visibility among users. The key is to add value and be helpful. This can definitely help you (and everyone else for that matter).

Santiago
30th December 2015, 04:19 AM
Yeah, blog commenting is still effective as far as I know. But need to find out proper pages to leave comments. Write some logical sentences in order to drive traffic. It's better if you can find out high pr blog pages with good alexa.

AlexMc
30th December 2015, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't overdo this. If the post is very relevant and you have something valuable to add within your comment, sure go ahead, but don't be commenting on tons of blogs everyday and amass a great amount of backlinks to your site via this method. Make sure the blog you're commenting on is also a quality blog. It's worse for you if it isn't a good site.

PreetiSangal
31st December 2015, 12:55 AM
Hi,

Blog Commenting is still effective link building strategy if you doing in right way.

Following are some useful guide for blog commenting.

Do blog commenting on only do-follow comment sites
Give proper and descriptive answer In commenting
Only comments on your product/service related blog post

Following tool will help you to find do-follow blog comment links
http://dropmylink.com/

Thanks

EricPerez
31st December 2015, 02:01 AM
It is effective only if you comment on relevant posts and your comment is sensible and adds value to the content. If you comment on irrelevant posts then it would be of no benefit for you.