Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : How To Infographics

mhasan
1st December 2013, 11:50 PM
Are the infographics effective ways of driving more traffic to my site?

torka
2nd December 2013, 04:37 PM
A GOOD infographic can help drive traffic to your site. But infographics are not "magic." Just posting an infographic won't do any good.

It has to be interesting, useful and entertaining. It needs to present information that people are interested in learning, in an appropriate and visually interesting manner.

And you need to put some effort into promoting it. An infographic isn't going to bring traffic to your site simply by existing. The benefit comes if the infographic goes viral... which doesn't happen for the vast majority of infographics -- primarily because they aren't very good.

--Torka :iratep:

mhasan
2nd December 2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks a million Torka for your valueable comment.

PatprecisionE
3rd December 2013, 11:27 AM
A GOOD infographic can help drive traffic to your site. But infographics are not "magic." Just posting an infographic won't do any good.

It has to be interesting, useful and entertaining. It needs to present information that people are interested in learning, in an appropriate and visually interesting manner.

And you need to put some effort into promoting it. An infographic isn't going to bring traffic to your site simply by existing. The benefit comes if the infographic goes viral... which doesn't happen for the vast majority of infographics -- primarily because they aren't very good.

hi Torka! I've seen a few infographic sites out there that require you pay in order for them to put your infographic on their website. Are these worth the money?

mrsrjp
3rd December 2013, 03:37 PM
The best thing to think of when considering an Infographic is how can you visually describe the point you are trying to get across. One easy way to start your brain "churning" on this is to compare to things. For example Man Vs Woman

You might have them both shopping and depict how the man carries just a wallet and a phone and the woman carries 100 things. Clearly only an example.

Tie it to something timely- in this example Black Friday and shopping would work.

After you have sketched it out on paper- then go find a graphic designer to put it together for you.

And yes the promotion of it is also key. You could tie it to a pin it to win it contest by having everyone pin the item and those that do are entered to win a prize- or something similar.

Just a few thoughts. Hope this helps.

If and when you get to the point of needing graphic design let me know- our firm does that. :wave2:

mhasan
4th December 2013, 03:08 AM
A GOOD An infographic isn't going to bring traffic to your site simply by existing. The benefit comes if the infographic goes viral... which doesn't happen for the vast majority of infographics -- primarily because they aren't very good.

--Torka :iratep: Hi Torka what is the core factor that makes my infographic
viral? Is that content that is getting a significant buzz?

torka
4th December 2013, 11:05 AM
hi Torka! I've seen a few infographic sites out there that require you pay in order for them to put your infographic on their website. Are these worth the money?

Well, that would depend on how much it costs and what you get for the money, I think.

For instance, do they simply offer a space to host your infographic? Most infographics aren't that large in terms of filesize, so there's no reason why most modern web hosting plans wouldn't be able to accommodate them. If the only reason you're posting there is to keep from having to store the graphic on your own server, that might not be enough of a reason. (Unless your web server is seriously slow or overloaded with files, in which case a new ISP or some housecleaning might be in order.)

Does their site get significant traffic on its own? One of the reasons to post videos to YouTube is that the YouTube site itself gets a lot of traffic. Having your video there gives it the opportunity to be exposed to many new potential customers, if they search on terms related to the subject of your video and your video shows up in the results. If the infographic site also has the potential to put your graphic in front of new eyes, that might be a reason to post there.

Do they do anything to help actively promote the infographic? Will it get featured on their home page for a period of time, or will they notify registered site users that a new graphic has been posted, or update their social media accounts with news of the new posting, or anything along those lines? Or is it more passive, where they simply host the graphic and allow it to show up in their on-site search if their site visitors enter the "correct" search term(s)?

Do they do anything special to help your graphic show up better in Google, Bing and other search engines? What sort of optimization tools do they offer? For instance, we host our videos with a paid service that will automatically generate and update our video sitemaps. (That's not the only reason we host with them, but it's a nice add-on.)

If all they do is take money to passively host an infographic, I don't think that would be worth it. If they offer additional tools, services and promotion, you'd need to evaluate how much time/effort/money it would take you to do those things on your own and compare that against the cost of the hosting service.

My :twocents:

torka
4th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi Torka what is the core factor that makes my infographic viral? Is that content that is getting a significant buzz?

If anyone could reliably and accurately predict ahead of time what would make any particular thing "go viral," they'd be a billionaire several times over by now.

It's a matter of having exceptionally interesting, relevant or entertaining content, presenting it in an appropriate and visually interesting way, being lucky with the timing of your release, and promoting the heck out of it. And even then, there's no guarantee.

Anybody who tells you they can promise an infographic (or anything else) will "go viral" is either a liar or an idiot. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I don't believe in lying to people here.

mhasan
4th December 2013, 11:17 PM
If anyone could reliably and accurately predict ahead of time what would make any particular thing "go viral," they'd be a billionaire several times over by now.

It's a matter of having exceptionally interesting, relevant or entertaining content, presenting it in an appropriate and visually interesting way, being lucky with the timing of your release, and promoting the heck out of it. And even then, there's no guarantee.

Anybody who tells you they can promise an infographic (or anything else) will "go viral" is either a liar or an idiot. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I don't believe in lying to people here.

I did'nt expect such an awesome answer.:thumbsup2

Survey Dave
5th December 2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, it's true. While anything could have the potential to go viral, only a very small percentage actually will.

bitFAT
16th December 2013, 01:55 AM
Ofcourse, if creatively presented. Now a days, people like graphics as comparison to text so it has more chances to get good visibility if a info presented in graphics with creatively. There are lot of websites that accept infographic so you can get traffic as well as some quality backlinks by creating and publishing a good infographic.

Autofits
17th December 2013, 04:07 AM
If you have never created an infographic before, then you can utilize many online tools for creating one. Infographics works great in terms of establishing a good online credential.

steveblake
11th March 2014, 06:48 AM
Sharing infographic on different social media is also a great way to drive traffic.

RosieGlover
19th March 2014, 01:07 AM
Now a days infographics are the a better to convey your message to the target audience. But this can help you to increase the traffic only if you create the attractive and unique infographic.

aliving11
19th March 2014, 03:08 AM
piktochart.com - here you can create a wonderful infographic which can be easily submitted across sites with high trust flow. another wonderful tool for creating graphic content (presentations, blog graphics, infographics) is canva.com. The cool thing about canva is that it outputs both pdf and images. good luck.

jannatul18
20th March 2014, 04:24 AM
And be aware of not to do any spamming through infographics, Google dont like this.

saytouqeer
21st March 2014, 04:27 AM
I contact to the moderator of the some info graphic websites and request them to upload my info graphics on their websites But no responses come from them.
I also think that info graphic is not best way for link building.

patricksimzon
2nd April 2014, 11:07 PM
Infographics are more eye-catching than printed words, since they usually combine images, colors, movement, and content that naturally draw the eye.
Since most of us have increasingly shorter attention spans, we tend to “scan” material as opposed to actually reading text. Furthermore, we tend to remember information that we’ve seen more so than read.
Infographics are extremely shareable for use around the web. For example, an infographic published on a WordPress blog or website usually provides an embed code. This code allows an automatic link from the original site to yours. They are also easily shared on social networks and have a better chance of becoming viral compared to ordinary text.
Infographics can be used to reinforce a brand, simply because they are so visually appealing. If you design an infographic with consistent colors, shapes, and messages, along with your logo, you’ll have an effective means of “Brand Awareness”.
A well designed and aesthetically pleasing infographic will drive people to your site since they are more likely to “share” and “click” on it. Also, this can help with Google’s “Page Rank” algorithm, which is important for SEO.
Finally, infographics are a fun and engaging medium that can generate a unique connection with visitors to either your site or a location that has featured your infographic.

AvniShergill
3rd April 2014, 07:55 AM
Are the infographics effective ways of driving more traffic to my site?

Yes, nowadays infographics are the best way to attract more traffic. But it need to be informative and good in presentation.