Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : What Are The Main Factors Affecting Youtube Video Ranking?

lavender
10th September 2013, 03:38 AM
Hi All,

These days i am doing some researches on Youtube Video Ranking. By searching and reading some online materials, it is said that Youtube changed its ranking agorithm till 2012 Aug. They have changed to more focusd on video watch time length than simply click rate, which makes sense to me.

But some of my colleagues thought this should not be the main factor but due those video backlinks. To prove this, i made a testing. By checked through 10 videos ranking, i have found that videoA which is ranked in #3 has 0 backlinks, while the one ranked in #10 has 4 backlinks. So i don't think the backlinks are the thing.

So what is your idea about Youtube Ranking? What are the factors that could affect Youtube video ranking?

Thanks!

panthervision23
10th September 2013, 09:56 PM
Do the videos you mentioned here belong to the same category?

lavender
11th September 2013, 04:47 AM
Hi, they may not belong to the same category. For example, you are searching the keyword "website health checker", then you'll get a list out, right?

So i am just wondering what are the main factors affecting the result ranking? By searching and reading some online materials, it is said that Youtube changed its ranking agorithm till 2012 Aug. They have changed to more focusd on video watch time length than simply click rate.

And i do not think this is the only factor, however, i am not sure what are the other factors. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Scottoft
13th September 2013, 02:03 AM
According to me video ranking depend on view because we notice many times that if view rate is higher than other than youtube suggest at the home page (when you are opening youtube.com). And keyword in title will also effects because if any one search for them then youtube will suggest and by this number of view will increase quickly.

Thanks

VishalBhatt123
18th September 2013, 01:51 AM
small thing. Your video content must informative for users. So, users want to see your video. When you get users for your video than this video rank high easily.

Your video must has proper title and other description that will help to user to understand the things of video.

RosieGlover
26th March 2014, 06:29 AM
I think YouTube ranking depends on the number of views to a particular video rather then time frame of the video.

Rajiv
28th March 2014, 07:58 AM
It depend on number of views and the title, description used for the video. And to market the video on the right lace will help to increase the views. one must try to create the which will really be helpful to improve the ranking in the search results.

saytouqeer
29th March 2014, 02:46 AM
I think that your research on YouTube video is a healthy topic of discussion. If you provide the resources. I want to read the materials of you provide us.

gmrwebteam
29th March 2014, 11:27 AM
Main important factors of Youtube video has been bookmarked, viewed and voted and made your video by other user. These factors are great way to get more traffic.

fobusiness
30th March 2014, 12:25 AM
Youtube does not care how many views your video has.

The goal of Youtube is to create a live media channel,
(think next generation tv).

Number of channel subscribers and time spent following through
to your videos holds the highest weight.

As all things google, backlinks also matter a lot.
Point other videos with a link to your Youtube video to achieve faster ranking results.