Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Content Marketing Is King

Centurion7
29th August 2013, 06:30 PM
Yesterday was a milestone for me...I arrived on page one of Google in two postions for a highly sought after search term! The reason this was so significant to me is basically this:

1. I never advertised at all
2. My site is relatively young (about a year)

So how did it happen? Well I read up on a guy who use Content Marketing only...he catapulted his site to page one in a few months. And did not pay a dime to do it.

The fact is, you can do this too! Doesn't matter your subject; you simply have to analyze and analyze again on the keywords specific to your site's main concept. Get words that have good demand but not too much competition.

The next step is write, and write well. Google is smart these days and can pick up on copied and pasted articles and posts. Make it unique, make it original, and make it interesting.

It's all in the research and writing! Do this and your site will advance significantly.

My best

Rhett

nehadas87
5th September 2013, 05:29 AM
This is true........... Content is become more powerful....... we can't ignore the importance of content.

Jen 100
5th September 2013, 09:37 AM
I'm curious what you did with your content. Did you publish a lot of great blog posts? Is it fresh content on fairly static website pages? Guest blog posts?

Centurion7
5th September 2013, 10:34 AM
I did not do any guest posting...not that it wasn't useful, I just didn't have the time.

What I found worked best is to write original, keyword focused (but not keyword stuffed) articles. I posted periodically, sometimes two or three in a week and some weeks didn't post at all.

I always used photos, and put alt info behind the photos with the keyword or keywords of my post or article. That way, Google "sees" the image, sees the keyword behind it, and promotes the piece better than if text alone.

Jen 100
5th September 2013, 10:36 AM
That makes sense. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your great results!

LGCG
5th September 2013, 10:42 AM
I did not do any guest posting...not that it wasn't useful, I just didn't have the time.

What I found worked best is to write original, keyword focused (but not keyword stuffed) articles. I posted periodically, sometimes two or three in a week and some weeks didn't post at all.

I always used photos, and put alt info behind the photos with the keyword or keywords of my post or article. That way, Google "sees" the image, sees the keyword behind it, and promotes the piece better than if text alone.

Congrats on your success! When you say posted articles, were you just posting them to your website or were you posting anywhere else?

Was social media and bookmarking also part of your plan or was it strictly articles?

Murray Cowell
5th September 2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for sharing this with us. Shows how much can be done with basically no financial resources.

Best of luck and keep at it!

Centurion7
5th September 2013, 10:50 AM
I post all my articles over 400 words to Ezine. I am a diamond author there so I think it gives me a little clout and exposure. But I believe the main force to launch the site was when a couple high profile sites linked to me and spread my content.

I use social media like Twitter but have never really tried to build a massive audience there. Again, not because it is not useful but because time limitations require me to be selective, and I believe good content in a blog outpaces social media in the long run. It's more permanent, as someone could be reading your post two or three years from now, but would that happen on a tweet?

Probably less likely :-)

SashaMike
6th September 2013, 07:40 AM
Really? what about in bound links as the force behind success??

Centurion7
6th September 2013, 11:26 AM
As noted above in my comment, I believe I saw the real jump in ranking once some well known sites linked to me.

PatprecisionE
6th September 2013, 12:01 PM
As noted above in my comment, I believe I saw the real jump in ranking once some well known sites linked to me.

I would love to be able to check out the content? I'm always intrigued as to what qualifies as "quality" content. I feel like I always put out good blog posts and put alot of thought in to them but still no one pays attention.

Centurion7
6th September 2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you for the reply :-)

My site is: Centurion 7 - Creating Wealth with Small Business Ideas (http://centurion7.com)

I'd really appreciate your feedback.

My best,

Rhett

JosephA
6th September 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Rhett, what you say makes entire sense - good content can be picked up by "big" players in your niche who will then link to your pages/posts. In which case, not only do you get traffic from the bigger sites, but you also gain credit in Google's eyes, and in which case they bump your search engine rankings up.

I'm all for great content, but if you add a "hook" on occasion to your posts, it can work really well.

What I mean by a "hook" is that you might write about others who are either in the same niche or perhaps preferably, a related niche (you are not competing with them in any way). As you've stated, add some images with the alt tag in place, then contact the folks that you've written about and let them know about your post.

Oftentimes they'll get back to you and also link to your post which drives traffic from their website to yours in addition to providing a very healthy backlink, which can sometimes be of high Google PageRank (or may well become so in times to come).

Suddenly, you see a real nice rise up in search!

Congrats, Rhett!

Jo

Centurion7
6th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Hi Jo

Those are some great ideas. Thanks for your input; I will definitely find some time to create some hooks in the days ahead.

I have done something similar to that with Twitter. I have written some stuff about others I respect in similar fields and found that the favors do get returned (via links).

In fact, one day I posted a short blurb in praise of a guy who preaches content marketing (vastly popular on the Internet) and within one day he was requesting a connection on Linked In from me.

Have a great weekend, and happy SEOing

Rhett

chrismarklee
6th September 2013, 11:25 PM
What is king now is Social media marketing -building relationships. This takes time but will pay dividends.

Jessicacis
7th September 2013, 05:08 AM
You are right chrismarklee now a days building relationships through social media will help you a lot in improving traffic to your website. And, also with the span of time it can give you business both directly or indirectly.

chrismarklee
7th September 2013, 02:48 PM
The problem is my website serves only as a directory listing. I do income taxes for locals. I has generated very little business. I dominate Google search. I do SEO. I passed out flyers last 3 years too.

JosephA
7th September 2013, 05:06 PM
Chris, what are your niche's main keyword terms - the ones that gain the most search in the engines, if you know them, and is your website ranking well for those? I'm obviously merely guessing, but perhaps your current rankings are for very low-volume search terms where you'll not gain much in the way of online attention.

Honestly, I had a quick check on your site, and the content would certainly make me consider using your services - I mean, it seems like a "no-brainer" really. So I would guess that if a lot of folks are finding your site, and it's ranking well for "the best" niche keywords, then you definitely should be gaining custom on a regular basis via the site.

Jo

chrismarklee
7th September 2013, 06:37 PM
I keep it simple. I live in Fillmore. If I wanted a plumber, I would type in Fillmore plumber.

I use Fillmore Income Tax and Income Tax Fillmore

JosephA
7th September 2013, 06:52 PM
I believe there's around 15,000 inhabitants in Filmore. Merely a suggestion, but perhaps you should begin to target surrounding areas with similar keyword phrases.

tax preparation los angeles

tax services los angeles

... just for starters.

chrismarklee
8th September 2013, 02:31 PM
I do this on my Craiglist ad and Thumtrack I work in Simi Vally.
I include Simi and Thousand Oaks on them

DeniseTaylor
11th September 2013, 10:29 AM
Congratulations! You have discovered something very valuable and it follows exactly what Google says it is looking for. The key is quality and user experience.

Remember, you are competing with others for each keyword, which explains how one may rank highly for one term, but not so well for some others. Each keyword has its own set of competitors and the best page wins. Occasionally, there are flukes, etc., but if one were to employ this concept consistently and work to make their pages better and better, it is a very effective method for obtaining good organic search engine traffic statistics.

Good luck!

VishalBhatt123
18th September 2013, 01:55 AM
All of your and other forum users information about content is correct and Content Marketing is very useful for getting high pr backlinks for your site and from that your site's keyword get well rank at Google SERP.

George Peter
6th February 2014, 06:27 AM
Yes, content marketing is king but i will say more focus should be on visual content now. In 2014 and after, visual content will work more better for you. People are more attracted to it.

fredkmolloy
6th February 2014, 09:24 PM
yes now a day content marketing only works for off page seo

Karry
7th February 2014, 01:58 AM
SEO(off-page/linkbuilding) doesn't work and will not work more in future. Now off-page SEO is totally converted into content marketing. Create high appeal valuable content which folks love to share with others.

Autofits
12th February 2014, 06:51 AM
The most important aspect is that the content present on your web pages should be informative and it should provide with value to the readers. This is the best way of getting a high volume of incoming traffic to your website.

Rajiv
13th February 2014, 07:03 AM
Yes content marketing is really a good option to get the visitors to your website. Write the thing which viral and interesting will get the audience. You can read the blog by Neil will help you http://www.quicksprout.com/2014/02/10/low-hanging-fruit-of-content-marketing-10-quick-changes-that-will-bring-big-results/

milosmithypr
13th February 2014, 05:59 PM
How do you post or publish articles on google?

fredkmolloy
20th February 2014, 12:43 AM
should i need to post more blogs?

patriciakramer
20th February 2014, 06:23 AM
Hello,

It's true and real.

nicholeturner
20th February 2014, 02:26 PM
Hello guys, for the very first time I am visiting this website. I saw many nice discussion topics which are very helpful.

gaylerichardson
6th March 2014, 07:28 AM
Yesterday was a milestone for me...I arrived on page one of Google in two postions for a highly sought after search term! The reason this was so significant to me is basically this:

1. I never advertised at all
2. My site is relatively young (about a year)

So how did it happen? Well I read up on a guy who use Content Marketing only...he catapulted his site to page one in a few months. And did not pay a dime to do it.

The fact is, you can do this too! Doesn't matter your subject; you simply have to analyze and analyze again on the keywords specific to your site's main concept. Get words that have good demand but not too much competition.

The next step is write, and write well. Google is smart these days and can pick up on copied and pasted articles and posts. Make it unique, make it original, and make it interesting.

It's all in the research and writing! Do this and your site will advance significantly.

My best

Rhett

Yes i agree this content marketing is king.

RosieGlover
13th March 2014, 05:30 AM
I completely agree with you, many a times it is seen that sites with a quality of content have higher page rank, even though they don't do more off page optimization. It's just because of the fresh content on their site, as your website content can either increase your page rank or even can decrease the same.

CJ00978
14th March 2014, 11:41 PM
Thank for the advice Rhett..... Google can sometimes be a pain congrats on getting on the 1st page for your keyword.