Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : What Does This Mean?

PatprecisionE
28th August 2013, 11:05 AM
I used to work for a company that outsourced their SEO to a company called SEO Haus. And they used to send these reports to us with keyword ranking, traffic and what tasks they're working on next.

I was looking at an old report, and one of the tasks they had listed was "link building towards live articles".

Any idea what this means?

Logan
28th August 2013, 12:01 PM
I'd guess just creating links to their articles

SashaMike
28th August 2013, 01:17 PM
LIVE means ACTIVE articles or the ones that are not "un published".

Brainpulse
29th August 2013, 05:39 AM
Yaa it means active articles where you published the post with text link.

PatprecisionE
29th August 2013, 07:31 AM
I'd guess just creating links to their articles

I see. So they're just getting more links to the articles they wrote?

These are articles that aren't live on the main domain. So is the idea being that by getting more links pointing to those articles, the links from those articles would be much better?

Logan
29th August 2013, 10:29 AM
Yes, the links help build popularity, authority, keyword text to the article further building linking to the target site.

Murray Cowell
29th August 2013, 11:48 AM
Well, link building regarding live articles mainly helps with SEO as long as you are allowed to publish articles in article directories, being careful that you don't publish the same version in two different article directories.

Hope that helps in some way...

panthervision23
29th August 2013, 09:51 PM
I think it's about putting back links to published articles. I could be wrong here. But that's what SEO content writers do in the past years.

PatprecisionE
30th August 2013, 06:55 AM
I think it's about putting back links to published articles. I could be wrong here. But that's what SEO content writers do in the past years.

Interesting. When I think in terms of SEO, I don't usually think of getting backlinks to other articles. I mostly just focus on backlinks for that domain.

DeniseTaylor
30th August 2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Everyone

I'd like to chime in here with a thought. Article marketing used to be a very popular SEO strategy and method of getting back links to a site. However, Google's algorithm changes have made these methods less effective. In fact, overused, they can be damaging to site's rankings. If you're thinking about using such a strategy, use it sparingly as Google can consider it spam, depending upon your link profile.

VishalBhatt123
23rd September 2013, 03:25 AM
It means that getting link for live article. So, this articles page rank will increase and it consist our do follow link that has also value for this.

Jessicacis
24th September 2013, 03:16 AM
There may be chances they want to say "live or Approved Articles" because there are websites which does not approve the articles instantly it takes time to approve the article after go through by the their experts.