Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Blogs?

lenzcrafter
27th August 2013, 03:52 PM
Can someone let me know if the people who designed my website have set up my blog in the correct fashion.

Here is a link to my most recent blog http://www.aandmschoolofmotoring.com/blog?aid=3631

The bit I concerned about is the aid=3631 part. Surely it should read buying your first car as this is what the blog is about.

any thoughts would be appreciated as usual.

Cheers

Matt.

midavecom
27th August 2013, 09:45 PM
Hello,

I think your blog not built by Wordpress.

Is it custom made software ?

In Wordpress, there is an option for Permalink.

Instead of:
http://www.aandmschoolofmotoring.com/blog?aid=3631

You can have the url address for artcile as follow:
http://www.aandmschoolofmotoring.com/blog/things-to-look-for-when-buying-a-car/

Perhaps you could ask your web developer to setup permalink structure for your blog. :)

robinmark
28th August 2013, 02:02 AM
Hello lenzcrafter, if say truly then i don't understand your problem so please can you describe you want to know actually. :thumbsup2

lenzcrafter
28th August 2013, 06:44 AM
Robinmark.

I am concerned about the URL that my blog has.

I am asking to see if anyone thinks my URL should read something like ......www.aandmschoolofmotoring.com/blog/buying-your-first-car

I have looked at other blogs from other sites and usually that's what the URL usually looks like. NOT a bunch of letters and number.

Matt

lenzcrafter
28th August 2013, 04:14 PM
Mida
I think it is custom software from what I remember them saying.

Is this a bad thing for seo that it doesn't show as you have stated?

Matt

semaphore.v
29th August 2013, 08:06 AM
You can simply install WP and 301 redirect to particulate URL blog root..by using this way you will now loss ranking...It will come back when your new URL will index.
I know it's difficult but day by day the database will be a huge..

SashaMike
31st August 2013, 01:45 AM
Dont go wild on it - search engines are efficient enough to index such URLs - but its preferrable and makes it understandable for a normal user. Yes WP makes it easier for you.

If you haven't lost any thing - convert to WP.

lenzcrafter
31st August 2013, 10:18 AM
Sasha

Do you think it's ok if I leave it the way it is?

Will it make big difference?

Matt

Logan
31st August 2013, 11:33 AM
Hi Matt. It's okay to leave it. While the keyword text may be one ranking factor within the algorithm, there are hundreds of factors. It can be good to have it that way if you are using wordpress and start that way. But I would just continue on and not worry about it if I were you.

lenzcrafter
1st September 2013, 10:56 AM
Logan

Many thanks for your input.

I know I can trust you!

:D

Ps is adding a blog regularly a good thing even if it isn't exactly geared perfectly to my keywords? For example my last blog was about buying a car but my website is To do with learning to drive.

Matt

Logan
1st September 2013, 11:20 AM
Yes. Really driving and cars are related in some way. Updates regularly help. Write for your audience and what interests you.

SashaMike
1st September 2013, 12:14 PM
@Lenz

Leaving it won't have very huge consequences. But if you choose to get "human understandable" URLs - then it would be a plus point and could promote your brand easily.

VishalBhatt123
23rd September 2013, 03:28 AM
Just Go to your blog site and set the permalink for your site. From this you can get your post title as your url link.

panthervision23
23rd September 2013, 10:42 PM
I don't know what blog service you use. But if you can't get a permalink, I think it's a good option to switch to other content-hosting sites, like WordPress for example.