View Full Version : On Page SEO In 2013

TheSeoProz
22nd August 2013, 07:06 AM
Almost every article you read about on page SEO talks about the same points:

Title Tags
Meta Tags
Content Length and Quality
and so on...

In order to help you move beyond the most basic on page SEO tasks, I have prepared and article covering some more advanced factors to consider and some tips on how to improve your page.

Check it out at: http://stellarseo.org/on-page-seo/

I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts below. Is there something you have found to work very well?

PatprecisionE
22nd August 2013, 07:32 AM
Good post. I'll be sure to try out a few of these. Thanks.

TheSeoProz
22nd August 2013, 07:40 AM
Good post. I'll be sure to try out a few of these. Thanks.

Thank you, I am glad you found it useful! Thanks for the feedback and if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

uspackaging
22nd August 2013, 02:01 PM
Great post, everything is changing and will continue to change. I used to focus on links and trying to optimize for search engines. Google is finally moving towards a customer driven approach. They want to show results that provide their customers with the best information, products, pictures, etc. as possible.

We have changed from focusing on search engines in our meta titles and descriptions to focusing on the people searching for our site and products.

Since doing this we have noticed a drop in our traffic and specific serps, but a large increase in conversions and sales. We do not only focus on building backlinks and looking good on-page for search engines. Now we are focused at providing a great experience for our customers and potential customers.

Great post, it has been hard for us to make the adjustment, but I can see how it will help Google and other search engines provide relevant search results to their customers.

TheSeoProz
23rd August 2013, 08:00 AM
Great post, everything is changing and will continue to change. I used to focus on links and trying to optimize for search engines. Google is finally moving towards a customer driven approach. They want to show results that provide their customers with the best information, products, pictures, etc. as possible.

We have changed from focusing on search engines in our meta titles and descriptions to focusing on the people searching for our site and products.

Since doing this we have noticed a drop in our traffic and specific serps, but a large increase in conversions and sales. We do not only focus on building backlinks and looking good on-page for search engines. Now we are focused at providing a great experience for our customers and potential customers.

Great post, it has been hard for us to make the adjustment, but I can see how it will help Google and other search engines provide relevant search results to their customers.

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you liked it!:thumbsup2

dotbiz
23rd August 2013, 11:12 PM
In order to help you move beyond the most basic on page SEO tasks, I have prepared and article covering some more advanced factors to consider and some tips on how to improve your page.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for Sharing. Very informative article. I have bookmarked your page.

Speed (Website loading time) is one of the on-page SEO factors that actually grabs my attention since I came across this video from Matt Cuts saying that they (Google) do use page speed in their rankings.

Back in 2009, to the question: ''What impact do site load times have in Google Rankings", he answered: NONE.
See: Do site load times have an impact on Google rankings? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3zmP0W26M0)

August 2013, he said: "Your site will rank lower because of its page speed".
See Is page speed a more important factor for mobile sites? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I4rWnQxxkM)

Things are really dynamic in the online world and SEO Rules are changing.

Also, please consider adding "Mobile Optimization" (Mobile Compatibility) to your list of on-page SEO factors. It is a "MUST-HAVE" feature and on-page SEO approach as the number of mobile daily active users accessing Websites is increasing dramatically. Websites should be optimized for mobile.

Thanks

panthervision23
26th August 2013, 12:59 AM
I think one of the SEO tool that is often overlooked are alt tags/attributes. They're the anchor text/link of images. You can use that to rank your website's pictures on Google Images.

semaphore.v
26th August 2013, 07:34 AM
non www to www and rel= canonical

revaxmedia
26th August 2013, 07:55 AM
Personally I have used on-site SEO as around 20% of SERP visibility however loading speed has become more important and if you content is good it should incorporate a lot of good SEO such as the ones you mentioned above. Also canonical can be very important for SEO.

I focus on off-site and more importantly social signals.

dotbiz
26th August 2013, 09:50 PM
however loading speed has become more important

You got it :)

josephwatson
28th August 2013, 07:43 AM
Very good and useful post. Definitely On page factors are very essential to improve the website. I have good idea with meta title, description, alt tag etc. But here I have learned the other important factors that will be major issue of a website. CTR, Time factor, high bounce rate etc is the reason for getting website rank down.

Adding video on a website is good idea. We can bring attention of the visitors by adding videos. Social media sharing bar is also very good idea. Page loading is another factor among Onpage factors. These on page points are very helpful to me.

VishalBhatt123
23rd September 2013, 03:26 AM
Nice Post. It really help for doing On page SEO.