Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Importance Of Meta Description Post Panda/Penguin?

uspackaging
17th July 2013, 11:18 PM
I have read a lot about captivating and descriptive meta descriptions still being important. They help increase relevant traffic. Any input on this? I am considering changing my current meta descriptions that are aimed towards search engines and keywords to more captivating headline type descriptions.

semaphore.v
18th July 2013, 01:10 AM
I think some time google display relative content from our content..!
If I search welcome snakes for friends; Now my site have content like welcome to my blog today I am going to share some idea for snakes for friends..
Googel show my Post content as description..

Alastair
18th July 2013, 01:37 AM
I have read a lot about captivating and descriptive meta descriptions still being important. They help increase relevant traffic. Any input on this? I am considering changing my current meta descriptions that are aimed towards search engines and keywords to more captivating headline type descriptions.

Yes it is true and its a right decision to optimize site for the meta description and title as well.

nehadas87
18th July 2013, 06:12 AM
Meta descriptions are still important in SEO. It should be relevant to your page and would be the best description of your current page. Try to write short & unique meta-description for each & every page.

LGCG
18th July 2013, 07:23 AM
Meta descriptions are still important in SEO. It should be relevant to your page and would be the best description of your current page. Try to write short & unique meta-description for each & every page.

That's interesting. I didn't think it was still important. I thought it was only important as it would be seen in SERPs.

Jen 100
18th July 2013, 07:29 AM
Since this is the content that your potential customers see in search results it is very important that your meta descriptions are creative and captivating. This description helps the person performing the search determine which link to click on. The click through rate (CTR) of your site will help in search engine rankings so if you've got a great description that causes people to click on your site it will impact your SERP pushing your site above another that gets fewer clicks.

uspackaging
18th July 2013, 08:15 AM
Since this is the content that your potential customers see in search results it is very important that your meta descriptions are creative and captivating. This description helps the person performing the search determine which link to click on. The click through rate (CTR) of your site will help in search engine rankings so if you've got a great description that causes people to click on your site it will impact your SERP pushing your site above another that gets fewer clicks.

This is exactly what I have found reading about this on different sites. The follow up question is should I change my meta descriptions all at once or change a few at a time? In my experience Google does not like site wide changes all at once.

semaphore.v
1st August 2013, 09:00 AM
This is exactly what I have found reading about this on different sites. The follow up question is should I change my meta descriptions all at once or change a few at a time? In my experience Google does not like site wide changes all at once.

Could be possible, but for better optimization it necessary..

LGCG
2nd August 2013, 09:43 AM
Meta descriptions don't affect SEO, correct? I believe it's just what shows up in SERP descriptions.

websiteop
3rd August 2013, 01:25 PM
I agree with Alastair, meta description tags are very important for you users and search engines, I wrote a blog post on my website about how to optimize your website for small businesses. The met tag should be written to "entice" users to visit your website as opposed to the other choices around your search result, so it should be written to attract visitors first and search engines second, I always say "people" visit websites, not "robots". (robots do to, but they don't buy anything :welcome2: )

:imnew1:

Mo.AdFountain
3rd August 2013, 02:14 PM
You can never be 100% sure, so if something doesn't hurt.. why stop doing it?

Additionally, if at some time you decide to start a PPC campaign, you definitely will need that since it will help your Quality Score.

So better start doing things correctly from the beginning.