Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : How to prompt my website?

niejing
26th October 2004, 03:10 AM
I have submitted my website to google .
My website : http://www.ectranslator.com

Id like to know , when I search "ectranslator" in Google, I found the search result is only a link to my website without any introduction. I dont know the cause , anyone can help ,
:D
Kind regards,

Niejing

TechEvangelist
26th October 2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Niejing

Google is aware of your Web site, probably because of your submission. They have not yet indexed the site. Make sure you build some links to the site. That is particularly important with a new Web site. Google can be stubborn about indexing a new site until it finds some links. This forum is a good place to build links.

Once Google indexes a page, your HTML title should show up and you will see a link to view the cached copy of the page.

Craig

David Wallace
26th October 2004, 09:38 AM
Along the lines of what Craig said, the best way to get your site listed in the Google index is to get links from other sites that Google already knows about and crawls on a regular basis. Submitting to the top directories such as Go Guides, Joe Ant, Skaffe and Wow is a good start. Submitting through their add URL will not do you much good if any good at all.

To be honest, I think the only reason they and Yahoo have an Add URL form is so people won't pester them to death on how to get in their index. They prefer to add new sites by finding them through links on other sites.

niejing
27th October 2004, 09:47 AM
I know what I should do next step.
Along the lines of what Craig said, the best way to get your site listed in the Google index is to get links from other sites that Google already knows about and crawls on a regular basis. Submitting to the top directories such as Go Guides, Joe Ant, Skaffe and Wow is a good start. Submitting through their add URL will not do you much good if any good at all.

To be honest, I think the only reason they and Yahoo have an Add URL form is so people won't pester them to death on how to get in their index. They prefer to add new sites by finding them through links on other sites.

T.Mayer
27th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Hello Niejing,
I paid a second visit to your site and noticed you had no links coming out,
I would suggest you deversify and link out to maybe a few affiliate or partner sites.
If folks are looking for translation are they:
Travelling? Will they need maps,Guide Books,travel Journals......(-: You get it.
the search engines "Spiders" are what will bring your traffic to your site.
The more you can "feed" them the faster and stronger they will come.
(It can take up to 3 months for some engines to find you).
What the spiders are looking for not so much as your KeyWords but your site content.
People are searching for INFORMATION.
That is what the search engines are looking for.
general keywords with no rich content will spam the search engines and end a site fast.
To your success,
Tanna

David Wallace
27th October 2004, 11:07 PM
Hello Niejing,
I paid a second visit to your site and noticed you had no links coming out,
I would suggest you deversify and link out to maybe a few affiliate or partner sites.
Linking to other sites will not help you get indexed in a search engine, nor will it help your rankings. It is when others link to you. Linking to others or as you say, T.Mayer, "links coming out" only benefits those you are linking to and possibly your visitors if it is a good resource to offer to them.