Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : How Can We Get Traffic From Wordpress Blog?

1Social Media
5th July 2010, 03:42 AM
Different techniques and tricks can be used to optimize a wordpress blog to get more traffic out of it. We can start by optimizing different posts, which appears as pages in a blog to better ranking keywords that could appear higher in search engine ranking. We could also take care of titles and optimize it according the keywords, add descriptions and some specific keywords for it.
We can also define several anchors with proper labels and titles to make them count for search engines, as they also contribute a lot in getting a respectable position in search ranking and attract more traffic.

BeTheBest
5th July 2010, 11:00 PM
I am sorry... but I really don't understand your question. What are you trying to do? Wordpress or not, there are basics to good SEO on any website. But what are you really trying to do? Please explain it.

jamesparker100
12th July 2010, 04:34 AM
No matter you are using wordpress or any other sort of blog all you need to update it on daily or quick basis so that google may know about the fresh content and make it social bookmark so that it can also become visible socially. and ultimately you will find traffic on your blog. Try to put interesting topics on your blog.

adidashome
12th July 2010, 01:38 PM
OK,i will do it as this,thanks so much.But i like placing a free ads to promote my website.

BusinessReview
13th July 2010, 03:41 AM
No matter you are using wordpress or any other sort of blog all you need to update it on daily or quick basis so that google may know about the fresh content and make it social bookmark so that it can also become visible socially. and ultimately you will find traffic on your blog. Try to put interesting topics on your blog.

I agree with james here. Another good way is to branch out and promote using face time and also networking sites is another great way. Create a twitter or facebook account and lead people to your site with your words there :)

sanoy
13th July 2010, 07:50 AM
Design of a Wordpress blog is already Search Engine Friendly, that's why you do need to put lots hard work to optimize your blog. You just need to write fresh and interesting content on your blog and once you posted it on your blog then spread it like a fire through social media. If you opted this way I am sure you will get traffic in days not in months.
Thanks
Yonsal Ltd.

WebWizard
13th July 2010, 12:46 PM
Yes :)

Wordpress handles most of the common / standard practices of SEO you will need. Its up to you to take advantage of the tools & resources the Control Panel offers, such as tags ect.

Best of luck friend!

oldbuddy
13th July 2010, 03:46 PM
Another interesting tool I recently discovered to bring more qualified traffic to my blog is Plinky.com where they give you interesting ideas about what to blog about on a daily basis, then interface to your Wordpress blog so it adds the posts with a single click. It also displays your answers on their website where other bloggers can learn about you and be attracted to you as a person, then on to your blog if they like what they read. I like that.

WebWizard
13th July 2010, 07:36 PM
Thats a good post, very interesting. Wordpress has alot of addons

musicworld1
16th July 2010, 01:59 AM
I find the more you write, and the more creative of a headline you put, the more traffic you get. A lot of mine is from the forum here, and a lot are from random google searches.

My site didn't get any hits for the longest time, but now it gets at least 3 a day. So be patient, they will start clicking soon.

Now my own problem is getting comments. But I think because mine is more about day to day problems, than stuff you would find in the newspaper, people are less likely to comment.

techmodi
4th November 2010, 03:10 AM
Different techniques and tricks can be used to optimize a wordpress blog to get more traffic out of it. We can start by optimizing different posts, which appears as pages in a blog to better ranking keywords that could appear higher in search engine ranking. We could also take care of titles and optimize it according the keywords, add descriptions and some specific keywords for it.
We can also define several anchors with proper labels and titles to make them count for search engines, as they also contribute a lot in getting a respectable position in search ranking and attract more traffic.

Wordpress itself is a good platform. It provides you feature to optimize you blog. Few points that need to followed to drive traffic for any of the blog website includes

1) Do posts on regular basis after a fix interval of time along with fresh, relevant and precise content

2) It's good practice to categorize the blog post into categories and pages as per requirement

3) Give a proper title, Meta description and Meta tags to each post, page and to overall blog

4) Few of the blog websites includes this feature by default and some like wordpress need plug-in but they are free and are included into the dashboard option

5) Promote your blog and blog posts to the relevant social media websites

These are some of the basic points that should be followed. As per my knowledge and SEO practices I suppose these basic practices for blog points are appropriate.

Note to all: Please suggest more points related to same!

alexandrabrian
4th November 2010, 07:49 AM
Well you can get more traffic to your word press blog, if you write post on blog on daily bases, but make sure that your content in blog is unique with quality anchor text and proper optimize keywords are there and than promote your blog content on different social bookmarking sites,social networking,blog directory submission,RSS submission etc that will help to get more backlinks and traffic to your blog and also increase your site SERP.

PromoDirect
12th November 2010, 01:48 AM
Search Engines are the major source that drives traffic to the websites. Therefore, optimizing it properly is primarily important.

I would recommend you to use the All In One SEO Plugin for your Wordpress blog. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

This includes great functionality that makes a website Search Engine Friendly.

Social-Media
14th November 2010, 06:01 PM
I am sorry... but I really don't understand your question. What are you trying to do? Wordpress or not, there are basics to good SEO on any website. But what are you really trying to do? Please explain it.

LOL Love the original username...

And I doubt VERY seriously there was a question there. My guess is they simply wanted to get the necessary number of posts so that they could start dropping links.

And yes... NOTHING in the OP's post is specific to WordPress blogs. Those techniques are the most basic of on-page SEO.

If you're wanting to discuss optimizations for blogs specifically, there are lots of things that can be done... some that are general techiniques for all blogs... some specific to WordPress SEO (http://www.canonicalseo.com/10-wordpress-seo-tips/).