Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Google ranking

deepak
29th September 2004, 06:08 AM
Hello All,
I have a website www.invitratech.com which is online from last 7 months. It has a PR of "6" which I guess is pretty good.
I have been hearing all many forums about Google Sandbox effect..because of which people say that my site is not coming on google search results for the keywords like web design india, web design company india, flash animation indian, etc etc..
Now let me put forth one more fact..for one phrase "outsourcing web design india" my site used to come on second spot on google for first 2 months till May 2004 and then suddenly from the third month its gone :eek:

Can some one help me with this?
Thank you in advance
Deepak

BWelford
29th September 2004, 07:47 AM
There is a lot of chat in places such as WMW about major Google spidering of websites. Some feel we are in for a major revision of the way Google behaves. So any comments about the way it used to perform may be in error.

Having said that, it used to be the case that new websites used to get a boost in the SERP's (Search Engine Report Pages) during an initial period that in some cases lasted up to two months. Whether that happened in your case, Deepak, can only be a matter of surmise.

What may be true is that Google may be now cleaning out a lot of the rubbish (cloaking sites, doorway-paged sites, etc.). If you have used SEO methods that conform with the Google TOS, then perhaps you will end up higher in the rankings when the dust settles.

Best of luck. :)

deepak
30th September 2004, 03:24 AM
Thanx Barry...I guess you are right and I hope the dirt is cleared soon by google.
Regards,
Deepak