Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Does Answers.yahoo Help To Improve SEO

neluni
11th May 2009, 04:13 AM
I am searching for solutions to improve SEO.I recently heard that answers.yahoo help to improve SEO.Can anyone here familiar with this?Have you ever used this Answers.yahoo.Some of my friends said that once the traffic is coming to your site through various initiatives, you have a higher chance of capturing the interest of these visitors through your squeeze page.They also said that it is easy to start to develop friendships and building trust every time you post relevant content.Share your opinions?

benniegriffey
11th May 2009, 04:53 AM
Well at some extent it does... I do it sometimes not on regular basis but it surely does help me :)

sahota
11th May 2009, 09:16 AM
If there are active questions on Yahoo Answers which come up frequently about your business related areas, then you should participate in it regularly. Don't just look at SEO benefit. There are several other benefits of participating such as BRANDING, MARKET RESEARCH

BRANDING: More and more people will know about your products.
MARKET RESEARCH: If people are talking about products related to what you sell, you might be able to spot what everyone is looking for, what they like, what they don't like.

But don't try to SPAM Yahoo answers with links back to your website. Just drop a link where its required. Just adding link with every answer (if its not required) might result in ban.

But here is tip, if you have some informative pages on your website or blog and there are people asking questions about similar information, you can drop a link. But it should help your answer. Or you can create informative page based on what people are asking on Yahoo Answers. Then look for new un answered questions in future to contribute.

Its debatable if there is any SEO benefit for links as all links are NO FOLLOWED. But in SEO community some think that NO FOLLOWED links are also having some value. So not a bad idea. But as I said earlier better not to contribute considering just link value, there are better benefits of it than just links.

homebizseo.com
11th May 2009, 02:11 PM
You can create some traffic if you are regarded as an authority on a particular subject that corresponds with your website.

acwebguru
12th May 2009, 12:38 AM
It will help you to solidify your online identity and can help somewhat to promote the brand image of your organization and nothing else.

janicejan
14th May 2009, 02:13 AM
yahoo answers may help in gaining minimal traffic for our site, but it doesn't help to increase our page ranking for it has no follow tag in it, meaning its not passing any link juice, also yahoo answers can easily ban you if they noticed that you are advertising.. so you better be aware on how you use it.

eww
14th May 2009, 08:54 AM
If you are referring to traffic to your site via Yahoo Answers, then my answer is both yes and no. I think it depends greatly on your topic - for a highly competetive niche, your answers may be "flagged as spam" by your competetors - for spite (beleive it or not, it does happen and Yahoo may eventually disable your ability to respond to questions). You may initially receive an increase in traffic, but a lot of said traffic may be curiosity. I don't think much traffic from Yahoo Answers convert to sales. I have noticed, however, that while searching on various topics some of the top ranked results have been Yahoo Answers, although rather old questions/answers.

TryUsOut
5th December 2009, 02:28 PM
I guess Yahoo answers help if you give out a great answer and use your site as reference - hence, it may attract visitors to your site. But Yahoo Answers is a nofollow - so you get less or none direct SEO benefit from it.

AirForce1
5th December 2009, 10:31 PM
I am searching for solutions to improve SEO.I recently heard that answers.yahoo help to improve SEO.Can anyone here familiar with this?Have you ever used this Answers.yahoo.Some of my friends said that once the traffic is coming to your site through various initiatives, you have a higher chance of capturing the interest of these visitors through your squeeze page.They also said that it is easy to start to develop friendships and building trust every time you post relevant content.Share your opinions?
I think Yahoo answer is pop used at the past. Now, it might still helpful in getting some direct traffics but not help a lot in your SEO efforts, IMO. :)

Have a nice day,

goldmember5
21st December 2009, 07:19 AM
Yahoo Answers will definetly help bring some traffic and overall SEO will benefit. But you have to spend lot of time for posting and looking for appropriate answers!

y.painting
21st December 2009, 10:03 AM
We like to use Yahoo Answers to scout out topics in our industry for future blog posts. If someone is asking about it, others people are probably also interested in the topic. So, in effect, we answer Yahoo Questions, but on our blog, not the Yahoo site.

dorothykinder
22nd December 2009, 03:51 AM
Yes, Yahoo answers is one such tool to help you get traffic to your site... :)

mickeyy
7th January 2010, 07:09 AM
Links from Yahoo Answers are nofollow. Needless to day, SEO-wise, it won't give you any benefits. But posting comments in it will boost your traffic especially if your answer is chosen as the best one. :welcome2:

petercrouch
28th September 2010, 01:51 AM
Yahoo Answers are Only helpful to increase traffic.

Reeme
3rd October 2010, 02:17 PM
In my opinion,yahoo answers plays a roll of marketing rather than optimizing. You can gain traffics here, but for seo benefits, I think it's few.

SEOTools
4th October 2010, 04:18 PM
Try it out and see what happens - make sure you have something that is measurable like a tracking code something telling you where they came from. Then you will know if it works for you or not.