Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Blog Writing!

lenzcrafter
6th May 2009, 01:23 PM
If i were to include a blog section on my site and updated regularly, would this increase the quality of my website?? ie would google and other search engines look at it favourably??

Any suggestion would help.

Cheers

Matt.

torka
6th May 2009, 03:37 PM
Depends on what you're updating the blog with (i.e. the content of the blog posts). Posting a sentence or two of crap every day would be regular updates, but wouldn't do much of anything for the quality of your site. ;)

It also depends on what you do to promote the blog. If you post quality blog content and participate regularly in the blogosphere so other bloggers become aware (in a positive way) about the existence and quality content of your blog -- such that those who write about related topics start to link to you and/or mention you in their blogs and/or ask you to write guest posts etc. -- then a blog can help.

The inbound links will bring link popularity to individual blog posts which can then pass that "juice" around to other pages on your site via internal navigation links.

The mentions and links may also bring traffic to your blog, which (if it's properly linked in with the rest of your site) can bring qualified visitor traffic to the rest of your site.

The point is, a blog is time consuming and hard work, both writing it and promoting it. Just adding a blog isn't going to do much for you one way or the other in and of itself, any more than any other kinds of web pages will.

You have to commit to putting in the time and effort to producing quality content and getting the word out, just as you would with any other website content.

My :twocents:

--Torka

homebizseo.com
7th May 2009, 12:33 AM
From my personal experience keeping an updated blog can boost rankings and when you figure in the freshness factor, blog posting can rank you #1 for a brief period in popular keyword phrases.

pooja84
7th May 2009, 05:07 AM
According to me, writing unique contents and then posting in your blog will definitely help improving the site quality. There will be a sure increase in traffic.

pusz4frog
11th May 2009, 08:24 PM
I would agree too. Fresh is always good!

GWTofTN
11th May 2009, 08:56 PM
Also after you update your plog let them know at pingomatic.com

jacobjosh
11th May 2009, 11:54 PM
As far as my experience goes, search engines always appreciate the blog section in any website provided the information and the content you write upon is informative and interesting to the readers.

acwebguru
12th May 2009, 12:33 AM
The content of the blog needs to be unique and at the same time interesting. It should reflect the opinions of other blogger and a rewrite version of their concept. Your should post articles on different topics or in a specific topic that is making buzz in the industry.

yogindernath
13th May 2009, 02:10 AM
Content should not be duplicated. It should be original then definitely it will be given priority.

stephen186
13th May 2009, 03:05 AM
Having a blog about your website or service is always advantageous. Search engines tend to love blogs.

If you update it regularly with some meaty content, you can surely gain some high respect in the eyes of readers also.

janicejan
14th May 2009, 02:03 AM
google loves fresh content, but it also depend on the quality of your new entries, if you are just creating content without making it search engine friendly then it might not have any positive effects at all.

jenn_k
19th May 2009, 06:19 AM
From my personal experience I can say that blogs, which are being updated regularly gain huge traffic in a short period. One of my blogs has 3 months' history but it is on the second page of Google with "scuba diving" keyword.
I think it's an excellent result :thumbsup2

Bestone
29th July 2009, 05:20 AM
I think writing unique contents and then posting in your blog will going to improve the quality of your site.

royhunters
29th July 2009, 06:02 PM
Your blog will do wonders if you PUBLISH your blog, meaning dont just let it sit around your website, work it. Submit it to Technorati, BlogCatalog, put it on a Merchant Circle page, submit it to Ezines, there are a lot of places you can submit to if you want to. If you do it, you will see results.

acwebguru
30th July 2009, 01:02 AM
Updating a website with fresh and original content helps a website to get crawled by search engine bots. By posting new content in your website you will be able to increase the number of pages of your website, which is all the very good for your website. Furthermore, you will be able to get regular traffic which is another vital issue.