Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Forum Links?

sanjalee
6th May 2009, 04:55 AM
Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

scottlpool2003
12th May 2009, 07:21 AM
Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

I think it's a great idea, it should be quality over quantity.

janicejan
14th May 2009, 02:10 AM
I got confused over what you are trying to say, how can we make forum links as quality links? it really doesn't make any sense for me.

vincentchan
15th May 2009, 06:32 AM
Can you please explain why that will create higher quality links? I don't think that will work.

thomas09
21st May 2009, 01:36 PM
Hi,

yep... It would be better if you can explain in brief.

thesayregroup
21st May 2009, 07:39 PM
I get what you are saying but the way Google indexes links in forums is differently than in content for websites. So for instance no matter if the page is PR5 you are not going to get the same PR juice and value out of it the same way if you were hyperlinked in an article. It can never hurt though if you can keep the page indexed and build some links to it.

ghusa
1st June 2009, 05:03 AM
Well we got it what are you saying ... And yes if you can make good thread (like good post on your own blog)* Then people will take interest on your thread and in your signature link ... But with this you can just get some extra traffic , and search enigne Will give attention to your link just like they others , it'll not convert your signature link to a quality link ...

Roof Repair FL
1st June 2009, 07:51 AM
When the forums started its not for getting links, forums created for the discussion and business purpose but now most people using forums for getting backlinks.

JasonOne
5th June 2009, 08:22 AM
My experience is that forum signatures work very well, provided the ‘no follow’ isn’t set. I also make sure that I start threads related to my major keywords so that when search engines crawl my forum profile pages they see my website URL, and threads that I’ve started with all of my keywords on page. Definitely helps with SERPs.

john86
11th June 2009, 11:51 PM
I think forum gives good backlinks if you work with your niche related forum sure you got baclinks.:)

tummer
12th June 2009, 05:27 AM
I got confused over what you are trying to say, how can we make forum links as quality links? it really doesn't make any sense for me.

I think what he is trying to say that the relevancy of the forums.
Say example is that if you want to rank for a topic on "Search Marketing", you should post in the forum topic under "Search Marketing". Or if you want to rank well for "Travel to USA", we can probably create a forum topic related to "USA" or "Travel".. Does that make sense? That's my interpretation!:thud1:

JCWHong
12th June 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm also a little confused about what the OP means? Can you explain again, sanjalee?

braveluke
19th January 2018, 03:38 AM

I always do forum link in concept PA >40, relevant place and it's still work.

jeffscott
21st January 2018, 08:42 PM
Forum links will be considered quality if they are most related on the nature of forum especially on the specific thread.

seogurbir
22nd January 2018, 01:44 AM
I don't think it will work. Forum backlinks don't hold the same weight in the eyes of Google as a contextual link from within an article. Forum backlinks, however, can be an excellent way to drive targetted traffic to your page.

anthony clark
22nd January 2018, 05:49 AM
Forums work well for traffic generation provided working in your own niche