Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : My Web Is Stuck

MOEisME
5th May 2009, 11:22 PM
Hello everyone. Hope you all have your webmaster hats on, 'cause I need your help.
My business is doing fine, and my web design & navigation has improved a lot over the years, but my website has been stuck at the same number of unique visitors per day for over 2 years now, despite the fact that the site has grown by about 20% over that time. I have spent lots of time optimizing pages with meta tags, carefully selected keywords, and I have tried a few other things like AdWords. I no longer do any offline advertising due to the cost, and I turned off my AdWords campaigns after months of bills & no justifiable revenue.
My site is www.modernoutpost.com (hopefully this appears correctly in my profile too).
I have no advertising budget to speak of.
I do use a new service called www.KudosWorks.com to collect & share testimonials from customers. The nature of my business means repeat customers are not the norm, so I thought a service that tries to leverage happy customers to get referrals might be worth it. I like it a lot, but it does not impact the traffic count per se.
I doubt I've hit any market space ceiling, so what could be the problem?
I look forward to hearing from anyone who has suggestions or knows of techniques that might work for me.
Thanks!

MooMan
7th May 2009, 05:30 AM
Try targeting some long tail keywords in addition the the ones you are already using to bring in additional traffic to the site.

TrafficVault
8th May 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi MOEisME,

Great site and pretty timely concept. I would suggest a few things to keep in mind

Are you sure you have the best keywords for each of your category and product pages. You should use google keywords to see if there are other terms you might be missing in your optimization. What about targeting green or environmentally friendly keywords, that might broaden your traffic.

You should also try to get more links, perhaps from camping sites, outdoors sites, and other environmental product sites.
I hope that helps.

homebizseo.com
8th May 2009, 06:31 PM
According to yahoo you have 494 inbound links coming into your site from other sources. Not an "anchor keyword phrase" just the name of your site. Ask yourself. "What keyword phrase do you want to dominate" Pick that phrase and use it as your anchor text. You should post in forums and leave blog comments using the same anchor text.

Google values your site. You have a Page Rank 4.

stephen186
11th May 2009, 02:32 AM
I can suggest you two things.
First of all, get some anchor text backlinks to your site for the keywords you want. (if you want i can help you with that if you are ready to spend some money).

Secondly, you have have some visitors and page rank 4. So, you can sell this site and book the profit.

sahota
11th May 2009, 09:25 AM
I would suggest you just few quick things and I hope it might help you to steer in right direction:

1. Analyze your title text. For example, your home page has Modern Outpost as first two words. I guess you can put these on right hand side of title and use front on title for important keywords for your website. As your website will rank very well for Modern Outpost as thats your domain name.

2. Purchase a keyword research tool such as WORDTRACKER for just 1-2 weeks, its won't cost more than $10-15 and find more keywords related to your products. Or you can use Google Keyword Tool to do same. But Google Keyword tool won't give you as many options as WORD TRACKER. But then its FREE.