Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Top 5 Google SEO 101 Factors

Pages : [1] 2

homebizseo.com
2nd May 2009, 06:47 AM
Top 5 Google SEO 101 Factors (http://www.homebizseo.com/blog_homebizseo/?p=768)

1) Keyword Use in Title Tag

2) Anchor Text of Inbound Link

3) Global Link Popularity of Site

4) Age of Site

5) Internal Link Structure

lordspace
2nd May 2009, 12:57 PM
I would add the freshness of your content

homebizseo.com
2nd May 2009, 03:59 PM

freshness and content are also important.

Label Printing
29th June 2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, content is king. Good 5 factors. Thanks.

lunartcorp
29th June 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I would add something to the "Keyword Use in Title Tag":

Keywords should be in Title, Description and Content of the page. Although Title only would work sometime it does not guaranteed the website is going to be indexed for the right keywords. By the way guys, Please never forget Keyword Density.

Regards,

Jose

kennethb
1st July 2009, 02:20 AM
yes checking your keyword density also helps. By these you can check and optimize well your site for your targetted keywords.

didi07
1st July 2009, 04:08 AM
good informations.... but the age os the site is not okey for me.
Because my site is still a new.:D

davin.master
2nd July 2009, 06:55 AM
I will add these factor on my blog/site.

Thanks and regards

Old Welsh Guy
2nd July 2009, 04:44 PM
I would add semantic relationship of sites linking to your site.

Vishenda
10th July 2009, 05:32 AM
quality back links :)

torontoSEOfirm
18th July 2009, 09:33 PM
yes checking your keyword density also helps

I don't believe this is a factor anymore, sure the search engines look to see if your anchor text matches the title matches the content but I would just write for humans in your content and not worry about the search engines.

A couple of years back you could have gotten a bump for keyword density but like all exploitable loopholes this one was majorly abused.

costelo_angello
21st July 2009, 03:24 PM
Hi,
i am totally agree with the factors you specify, but freshness and contents also matter a lot.

shehreen786
22nd July 2009, 03:34 AM
Hi,

I would add something to the "Keyword Use in Title Tag":

Keywords should be in Title, Description and Content of the page. Although Title only would work sometime it does not guaranteed the website is going to be indexed for the right keywords. By the way guys, Please never forget Keyword Density.

Regards,

Jose

yeah exactly , keyword in title is not just enough , you also have to have that keyword in your that page too, not just once also try to have that keyword in content just 2 or 3 times (but 1 is also fine), and also Freshness and uniqueness is not enough for content , Also write interesting content to attract more your visitors and it'll also help you to get some extra back links, because if people will like your article/content they will surely link back to you , via track back, So do not just target Search engines Also try to target visitors of your site and webmasters

AlexTampa
25th July 2009, 02:30 PM

that's not so much anymore. In competitive e commerce that's not the case at all

Bestone
29th July 2009, 02:30 AM
According to me unique content is the key to success to get high rank in Google.

Henry wilson
8th August 2009, 12:59 PM
HI,
Thanks for above tips me also agree with content factor is also important and content must be unique so that your site/blogs get higher traffic.Anyway thanks for giving useful info
:)

BioSolutions
11th August 2009, 01:43 AM
These are all great suggestions...I would have to agree with a couple previous reply's that I would add quality backlinks, unique and fresh content, and your keywords should be in title, content, and description of the page...

Hsekhar
11th August 2009, 02:57 AM
My top 2 SEO factors are:

1. Quality content (title, keyword density etc should come with this if you want to use the word "Quality").

2. Quality backlinks (keyword rich anchor text and links from relevant links should come with it).

AirForce1
27th December 2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for nice input.

I would recommend this article from seomoz titled 'search engine ranking factors' for a thorough understanding on ranking factors. :)

Thanks,

therawdata
27th December 2009, 01:40 PM
Content content content ... just label it correctly in your code. Why would you ever say that doesn't count? Thats the whole basis of a search engine, crawling the content...

web1122
30th December 2009, 03:24 AM
back links is very inprotant

am express
30th December 2009, 01:01 PM
Unique Content , Quality Backlinks ,Internal Link Structure etc.,

i need back links
backlinks for my site

georgechapman
13th March 2010, 04:49 AM
Keyword Density? Ain't that a myth?

mandylee216
13th March 2010, 09:51 AM
Has any of you tried the Silo structure of a website. A colleague told me that it also helps in Google rankings.

MySmallBiz
13th March 2010, 10:03 AM
Nice, thanks for sharing, I'm trying to start up an online business and is still on the process of studying how SEO works. I really need to figure these these things out first, try the techniques of what to apply in order to generate more traffic coming into the site.

majon
21st April 2010, 04:57 PM
I strongly recommend articles that you can write once and then promote all over the internet. This one time investment of time into writing an article results in permanent links for your site that also help you get found in the search engines. It's also one of the best SEO 101 tips out there.

I speak from experience on this one as we have an article marketing services that we've put to work for countless clients and have had really good success with a very small investment.

Tom

mitchhyle
22nd April 2010, 11:43 AM
article marketing, link exchanges and other link building and SEO strategies to obtain top 10 rankings for long-tail key words, but don't spend your time manually ranking a site or page for a competitive one, it just doesn't pay off in the long run! If the content isn't compelling enough to rise on it's own, it's not worth your time to manually push it to the top.

rbraddy
2nd May 2010, 07:28 PM
It is interesting. It seems that both Yahoo and Bing value freshness of content as much (more?) than backlinks; Google places more weight on backlinks when all other factors are roughly equivalent for competing sites (from what I've observed). Google seems to value:

1) Backlinks with related anchor text to the keyword and LSI keywords
2) Domain name
3) Page name
4) Title tag containing keywords
5) Page content containing both target keywords and LSI keywords
6) Age of domain registration
7) Secondary page incoming links
8) Content "coherency" to a LSI keyword theme

zachprez
3rd May 2010, 11:18 AM
URL and Alt Tags are a gap from the initial post. See Perfecting Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization (http://www.seomoz.org/blog/perfecting-keyword-targeting-on-page-optimization) from the SEOMoz article.

I write about this kind of stuff on my blog, for example SEO for Photographer Sites: A Starting Point (http://photographers-seo.com/seo/links/a-starting-point-for-photography-sites/).

Thanks, Zach

benhaider
4th May 2010, 05:28 AM
i think you missed addition of quality content...to the web.....this is more important then anything..

4) Age of Site

SmallBizRox
4th May 2010, 11:13 AM

4) Age of Site

It sometimes seems to me that the top 5 things for google are links, links, links, links, and... links!
But we must remember that for our human visitors, the top 5 things are quality useful content, quality useful content, quality useful content, quality useful content, and... quality useful content.
Remember the humans! :D

1Social Media
12th May 2010, 03:27 AM
I guess if we will add this on our blog sites so i think we will get better results...!!

neromancer
12th May 2010, 09:37 AM

4) Age of Site

One way to get all of this AND even traffic
is to consider purchasing an expired domain.
If you find a good url that you like and its
an aged domain you can purchase all of this.

There exists a market of people who "grow"
these kind of domains and then they sell them.

http://flippa.com/

Is a great resource to buy or sell resources like this.

I hope this helps,
Mike

solexy
18th May 2010, 01:10 AM
really good list

Social-Media
1st June 2010, 03:43 PM
I don't necessarily agree that those are the top 5 ranking factors at Google, several are someone redundant or fall much farther down in their 200+ ranking factors.

I would order them something like:

1) number and quality of followed inbound links from external URLs that are themselves indexed at Google pointing to the URL in question that contain the exact search phrase as the link text.

2) number and quality of followed inbound links from external URLs that are themselves indexed pointing to the URL in question that contain a slight variation of the search phrase as the link text.

3) number and quality of followed inbound links from internal URLs that are themselves indexed at Google pointing to the URL in question that contain the exact search phrase as the link text.

4) number and quality of followed inbound links from internal URLs that are themselves indexed pointing to the URL in question that contain a slight variation of the search phrase as the link text.

5) Does the title EXACTLY match the search phrase?

6) Keyword density for the search phrase keywords WITHIN the title element.

7) position of the search phrase keywords WITHIN the title element (things closer to beginning of title are considered more important).

8) Domain authority for you site (which represents how well linked your internal pages are from external sites).

9) Does the H1 EXACTLY match the search phrase?

10) Keyword density for the search phrase keywords WITHIN the H1 element.

11) position of the search phrase keywords WITHIN the H1 element (things closer to beginning of title are considered more important).

Personally, I think domain age is a VERY minor factor and falls way down the list. Domain authority and possibly even domain trust likely carry more weight than does the domain age. I have blogs that when only weeks old have their posts make it to top 5 and stay their indefinitely for moderately competitive search phrases.

I think linking (external first, then internal) and all of the stats they look at associated with that make up the most important factors. Then title and the stats associated with that (they are not just looking at whether the phrase exists in title, but the keyword density of the phrase in the title, the position of the phrase in the title, etc.)

bradmarcus
8th June 2010, 08:58 AM
I think what this thread proves is that there is a lot that goes into getting a site well ranked. While a "top 5" or "top 10" list is very helpful, hiring a professional SEO company is really the best way to increase your business.

johnpaul007
23rd June 2010, 03:00 AM
While doing keyword density concentrate on 2 to 5 % per page.

bradmarcus
24th June 2010, 08:14 AM
think 5% is pushing the envelope on the spammy site with Google. They prefer 2-3% maximum. However, the focus on keyword density should only be a thought after you create some interesting, non-selling content. Give the visitor something to inform, educate or entertain them and your rating will improve organically.

debtrelief
24th June 2010, 09:22 AM
I have a question here, suppose Google had banned my site and If I go for PPC on google, will this remove ban from my site? Thanks.

viper_one
24th June 2010, 10:50 AM
prior traffic?

:wave2: