Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Facebook Links

kusha001
15th April 2009, 06:44 AM
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but do facebook links have a no follow, or can they count as backlinks?

vusal.zeynalov
15th April 2009, 10:08 AM
Yes the links in facebook pages are nofollowed.

Other links - in profile pages are already walled to search engines. Spiders can't see the links on profile pages.

customtollfree
15th April 2009, 02:45 PM
The main idea why businesses uses facebook is to establish prospective clients and increase traffic to your website

smartbookings
16th April 2009, 12:40 PM
Is it me or are more places using no follow now, suppose everyone wants to maintain the PR

Jack16
17th April 2009, 08:54 AM
Facebook is one of the largest social networking site where you can get a lot of traffic. But the links from face book are no follow.

There are lot of sites like facebook which can bring some good traffic to your business and website.

janicejan
20th April 2009, 04:08 AM
when it comes with social networking sites, it doesn't matter if it has no follow tag in it, what matters it the potential traffic it can bring to your site.. specially on facebook that has millions of registered users, you can take advantage of it strategically.

eZeeTax
23rd April 2009, 08:38 PM
Just because a link is nofollow doesn't mean it is bad. It just means that a popular website has taken an initiative to cut down on link spam which is a good thing.

FB is still the best place to advertise your business and create a presence. FB pages is something you should look into if you are trying to promote your business.

:imnew1:

sahota
24th April 2009, 02:45 AM
Is it me or are more places using no follow now, suppose everyone wants to maintain the PR

I think yes you are right, more and more websites are adding no follow and I have seen this trend moving to blogs who recommend products. They will recommend the product within the article but add NO FOLLOW to link. Due to this attitude getting links are becoming difficult

sahota
24th April 2009, 02:48 AM
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but do facebook links have a no follow, or can they count as backlinks?

Even I have not yet used Facebook's full potential. But I suggest you to make a facebook page at least for your business and then try promoting that. Might be on your own website also you can say become friends with us on FACEBOOK and give a link to FACEBOOK PAGE for your business. By this way in future you can use that PAGE to broadcast things like NEW ARRIVALS, DISCOUNTS or PROMOTIONS.

I think might be give something extra for people who join your group. You can simply say become friends with us on Facebook and you get 5% off from every purchase in future.

I thought about this few days back only so have to try myself. But on face of it looks like it might work.

acwebguru
27th April 2009, 01:07 AM
You should not use social networking website for link building purpose instead you should use to drive targeted traffic to your website which will increase the reputation of your website and at the same time this will help you to bolster your online presence.

Bestone
29th July 2009, 06:15 AM
Yes the links in facebook pages are no followed.

royhunters
29th July 2009, 05:56 PM
Our facebook links have not done anything to help our SERPS. Good for local networking, getting a little diluted, but worth some effort. Business listings on our site will get you a "follow" link as they are now encouraged by Google.

IBSEric
13th September 2009, 09:29 PM
I recently started an IBS Facebook page simply because it might bring in one new customer, which would mean it's a worthwhile thing to do. However, I am not so sure about the whole social networking thing overall in terms of how much SEO relevance it would have. As long as you have positive publicity, I've always believed it's a good thing. That's why I did it, primarily.

For what it's worth, I don't have a personal Facebook page. I just didn't think that posting my life on the internet is the smartest move considering I've got an 11-year old daughter I'm trying to keep off the net.

AirForce1
13th December 2009, 07:24 PM
Right, social media like twitter and facebook would drive direct traffics to your sites and thus help a lot in sales. :)

mark_robinson77
15th December 2009, 03:29 AM
I don,t think so.
Facebook is a huge company & thats not possible in any manner.

Nutty
16th December 2009, 08:13 AM
Yes Facebook links are nofollowed but you should be engaging in Social Media for different reasons than traffic alone

Social Media should build brand awareness and customers who are interested in your business and with the likes of Twitter being only 140 characters micro-blogging is not as easy as it sounds, being creative in 140 characters can be quite hard at times

I use Facebook for product updates, helping customers with their problems such as faulty items or problems with usage, extras for the products they bought, updates on cables and connections (portable power products) and friendship

I also use Social Media to drive customers to my blogs, so I incorporate Social RSS into my fan pages and groups to keep them up to date with the latest news in my niche

SMM = Social Media Marketing works very different to SEO = Search Engine Optimisation

sequencehosting
16th December 2009, 12:28 PM

You may want to download a plugin for FireFox called 'NoDoFollow'. It allows you to check if a link is no follow in seconds :)

WorkingCapital
16th December 2009, 03:14 PM
You may want to download a plugin for FireFox called 'NoDoFollow'. It allows you to check if a link is no follow in seconds :)

is it free? Does google chrome or safari have anything similar?

sequencehosting
16th December 2009, 03:16 PM
is it free? Does google chrome or safari have anything similar?

Yes it is free. As far as I know it's only for FireFox. I'm not sure if others browsers have plugins.