Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : What Should My Page Title Be?

rufman
11th April 2009, 09:19 PM
If I make custom fortune cookies what should the title of my page be?

BeTheBest
12th April 2009, 02:24 AM
Had a quick look at your site! Interesting product! Looks neat! Just wondering... is this more of a novelty item?? I don't want to get into prices, etc. but are you priced to compete to resteraunts?? Or are you hitting the home/personal market?? Just wondering, because that may change the titles and direction.

Have you considered adding 'desserts' and other words like 'cookies'. I am not sure of the 'Dipped Fortune Cookies' and terms like 'Jumbo' are doing you any good. People are not (probably not) going to search for Jumbo Fortune Cookies.

I would suggest that you leave terms like that for your meta desctiption. For titles, I would want the terms that people will search by. If they don't know it's available, why would they search for it?? Therefore, until I saw your site, I didn't think a jumbo fortune cookie was available. I would never search for that term. Keep the 'searchable' terms in your title.

Hope that helps!

smartbookings
12th April 2009, 10:22 AM
it should be short yet keyword rich without going over the top.

torka
12th April 2009, 03:01 PM
The problem with trying for search engine optimization for a unique product is that SEO only works when people are already searching for what you offer. That's the whole point of SEO -- to show up for phrases that people are already using that are related to your product.

So, do some keyword research. Find phrases people are already using that describe things related to your product. Determine which of those phrases is the one "strongest" (or maybe two phrases, depending on what the phrases are) -- that is, the one that you think has the best potential for bringing you the most traffic with the best chance of converting into sales for you -- and use that (or those, as the case may be).

For instance, I notice you have subpages for wedding favors, corporate trade shows, baby showers, etc. And, of course, you'd want to optimize the title tags of each of these pages with appropriate phrases for those specific uses of your products.

It may be that your best bet would be to focus on one or two of the most popular of these uses for your products for your home page, unless you find that there are indeed significant numbers of people searching for the phrase "custom fortune cookies" or something like that. On the other hand, you may find there are a lot more people searching for something like "creative wedding favors", in which case, that might be a better bet for the home page title.

Your starting point has to be keyword research.

--Torka

Money5
12th April 2009, 07:23 PM
( Your Own City Name Here) Custom Fortune Cookies

Jack16
13th April 2009, 05:19 AM
Yes, Torka was absolutely right....

You should research on keywords which suits well for your site. Use free keyword tools to estimate the traffic for desired keywords.

Concentrate on long tail keywords and key phrases so that you can get some quick and good results. Optimize title and meta tags relevant to the content in your site.

tellscript
15th April 2009, 06:41 AM
i agree, search for keywords that suits your site so that you'll be able to gauge your website traffic...

janicejan
20th April 2009, 04:12 AM
adding up your location on your keyword will enable google to register your site base on your location, and it's a pretty good idea, your site may rank well in google's geographic results.

garebear
21st April 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the tips people!

proprint1
22nd April 2009, 08:25 AM
What about adding fast or cheap or large or small?

john86
11th May 2009, 06:37 AM
Please check density of both keywords and which keyword density will be high and which keyword use more times in your meta that would be suitable for you.

pusz4frog
11th May 2009, 08:18 PM
I don't know what you should do, but I can tell you, these fortune cookeis kick total @ss!!

acwebguru
12th May 2009, 12:36 AM
How on earth we (the members) will be able to offer a solution to this problem. If you talking about search engine optimization, I just want to advice your to search with the term "custom fortune cookies" and you will get enough information.

Mahriyah
20th May 2009, 06:33 PM
What about your tag in your signature BE YOUR OWN CONFUCIUS!

Bestone
29th July 2009, 05:10 AM
Emphasis on the keywords and key phrases then definitely you would get some quick and good results

spookycc
6th August 2009, 01:41 PM
The problem with trying for search engine optimization for a unique product is that SEO only works when people are already searching for what you offer. That's the whole point of SEO -- to show up for phrases that people are already using that are related to your product.

So, do some keyword research. Find phrases people are already using that describe things related to your product. Determine which of those phrases is the one "strongest" (or maybe two phrases, depending on what the phrases are) -- that is, the one that you think has the best potential for bringing you the most traffic with the best chance of converting into sales for you -- and use that (or those, as the case may be).

For instance, I notice you have subpages for wedding favors, corporate trade shows, baby showers, etc. And, of course, you'd want to optimize the title tags of each of these pages with appropriate phrases for those specific uses of your products.

It may be that your best bet would be to focus on one or two of the most popular of these uses for your products for your home page, unless you find that there are indeed significant numbers of people searching for the phrase "custom fortune cookies" or something like that. On the other hand, you may find there are a lot more people searching for something like "creative wedding favors", in which case, that might be a better bet for the home page title.

Your starting point has to be keyword research.

--Torka

That's true, Torka. I bet not many people search online for fortune cookies. But if the poster uses cities or areas that people might search for, or events and parties where they could serve them, that will open up the door to lots of the places that could use fortune cookies. It would be a cute item at a yearend dinner for a business, or even at a baby or bridal shower. Trade shows, as was mentioned, would be a great utilization of this clever idea!

Colleen

AirForce1
19th December 2009, 08:49 AM
I would recommend your to read the '50 kick-*** keyword strategies'. I think it would be really helpful for choosing and using keywords. :)

ruchi
23rd December 2009, 07:00 AM
the title should be attractive and related to the site.

dorothykinder
29th December 2009, 04:35 AM
I think thats definitely what Torka has discussed is really worth, as if you really want to target your customers then do check out which are the products the are actually looking out in this industry and then do a keyword analysis and target that keyword which is not too competitive and where in you can compete in a less way for that keyword...

mark_robinson77
29th December 2009, 08:18 AM
Isnt Fortune cookiese best for this? or may be Future teller, seems interesting do provide your site link here