Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : How To Improve Ranking In SERP

Pages : [1] 2

MRchamps
10th April 2009, 01:21 AM
What are the techniques to implement to be in good SERP. Apart from meta tags and anchor text what are the other techniques we should focus on when thinking of good ranking in search engines from particular keywords.
:wave2:
As now a days everyone is targeting on niche keywords and less competitor keywords the competition for the race of keywords is also becoming more and more complex.

So what are the best techniques for good SERP for the keywords
:fryingpan1:

MRchamps
10th April 2009, 02:40 AM
I know these techniques are important but i am not interested in simple page ranking but i want to know about search engine ranking for different keywords what to do for that :wave2:

john86
11th April 2009, 02:32 AM
If you want improve your page ranking then dofollow blog commenting and forum posting would be gr8 resource.:)

stephen186
11th April 2009, 03:59 AM
along with these tradiotional methods, you can also try developing your blogs, lenses, hubs, linking back to your main site and then also get some backlinks to these web2.0 using social bookmarking and other traditional methods.

rufman
11th April 2009, 09:12 PM
While these are all great suggestions the most important thing is that you have a site that is very user friendly and has good content. If you don't have this, you can do all the link building you want but your ranking will be very up and down. Go for good content first.

thomas09
12th April 2009, 01:53 AM
along with these tradiotional methods, you can also try developing your blogs, lenses, hubs, linking back to your main site and then also get some backlinks to these web2.0 using social bookmarking and other traditional methods.

Hi,

yep, I do agree with you. Those web2.0 sites are great resources to generate traffic and to get some quality backlinsk as well.

BeTheBest
12th April 2009, 02:10 AM
It always has been... and probably always will be the king. That's CONTENT. Content is king. But, you also have to be sure that you're writing the content that is going to work for you. It's got to include the key word phrases you're targeting for.

Also, keep in mind, search engines determine the relevancy of a page to the search term. So putting the terms in your meta description and title, then writing content that is not relevant to those titles and descriptions will get you nowhere... and fast.

Each page of your site should be targeted to 5-10 keywords and/or phrases that are (generally) related. That way you will have individual pages ranking for different key word searched.

Hope this helps!

Roof Repair FL
21st April 2009, 05:15 AM
Yes, Content is king. Unique content, proper internal linking structure and off page activities like bookmarking, forum posting and blog posting helps to search engine ranking.

adaliabarclay
21st April 2009, 05:40 AM
Creating squidoo lens, hub pages, and 2 or 3 free blog setup will help you to boost your SE ranking ... And for blogging wordpress is best For blogging . because the have huge Community ... but For getting benefit from these You also have to spend your some extra time to promote your squidoo lens, hub pages and blogs ... but they will help you a lot to boost your SERP and Pr ranking too

pooja84
21st April 2009, 07:20 AM
According to me, directory submission, blog posting, blog commenting, forum posting etc helps a lot in building traffic and it really improves the site ranking.

MDSSolutions
21st April 2009, 07:34 AM
There's obviously loads of little tricks you can do to help, but if you create quality, frequent content and get good quality links back to your site then it goes without saying that you will do well.

proprint1
22nd April 2009, 08:28 AM
It really is a combination of a site that is well structured with good content, no dead links & such & good links from good sites.

adaliabarclay
23rd April 2009, 12:35 AM
Do some keyword research and find the highest volume, lowest competition search terms. The Google Keyword (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal) Tool is pretty valuable for that.
Once you've picked your terms, optimize your pages so your TITLE, H1 and body copy contain the keywords. Don't stuff them in there, make it readable and make it make sense.
Then you need to build inbound links. Make the anchor text your keywords.
You should start to see results once Google sees this activity.

sahota
23rd April 2009, 08:40 AM
We often just think about our main keywords and just can not wear HAT of a customer.
1. Just get rid of HAT of a business owner and sit in a quite place and wear a customer HAT. Think of some keywords which you want to work on for better ranking. Then add some adjectives to those. For example say you are planning to get a page ranked for "ford mondeo" , just think what end customer might actually search for. e.g. black ford mondeo , for mondeo in good condition, ford mondeo full service hsitory etc etc. These are just hints.

2. After you prepare the list of adjective along with your main keywords for the page, use these in the copy of the web page.

3. Use above in Title and internal links to page if possible. Also use these in 1-2 places with BOLD tags <b></b> or strong <strong> </strong>

4. Use a sentence using your main keyword and use it as heading to a page.

5. Last but not least use these keywords for images too.

MRchamps
23rd May 2009, 12:49 AM
Hey thanks for such a wonderful advice.
But i am really stuck with it. As my client have already provided me keywords and they are Geo targeted one's but yet their SERP competition is pretty high.
I have used the keywords in all meta tags and h3 tag also.
But yet i don't getting much of improvement. Infact my one keyword have less competitive ratio there also i am not able to rank.

We SEO people know that SEO is slow and gradual process but how to convince our clients they just expect some miracle in few days
:argh:

MikeSteven
29th May 2009, 03:44 PM
What you need is a lot of backlinks from good reputed sites too. Building quality backlinks is extremely important to Search Engine Optimization, and because of their importance, it should be very high on your priority list in your SEO efforts.

ghusa
1st June 2009, 05:14 AM
First Of All You have to make plans that on which keywords you want to see your site on the top of the SE's ... After that make sure that those keywords are exit in your tittles And also in your content ... then start SEO For Them With Anchor text ...

For this you can use Social media networking
Forum posting ( on forum those are relevant to your sites niche ) not just on every blah blah forum...
Use Blog Commenting ... ( do not spam )
And then start article submission And directory submission
after that if you get some free time to write some organic articles then start one or two free blogs ( on wordpress or blogspot)* Then post those articles on them ,

butler68
3rd June 2009, 01:20 PM
Wonderful advice everyone!

Bestone
29th July 2009, 03:36 AM
To improve ranking you must go for the SEO techniques which includes Directory submission, social bookmarking, article submission, press release, blog posting.

tazsolutions
4th August 2009, 11:58 AM
best serp use natural one for the keywords

SBMarketingGuy
4th August 2009, 03:50 PM
Often times a website is available via the http://www.domain.com and http://domain.com formats. This is called a “canonical domain” and is easy to fix as long as you are aware the problem exists.

Although canonical domains do not cause a problem with your website, it is considered by the search engine robots as having two separate websites with the same content on two separate domains. This must be corrected as it can have a negative affect on your search engine rankings and is something we look for as part of our site and server analysis.

You also want to set-up a proper 404 (see Google Webmaster Tools) and proper 301 redirects. Don't forget to include a privacy page (if you collect e-mail addresses) and an .xml sitemap (again see Google Webmaster Tools).

maxmechgroup
13th August 2009, 05:33 AM
Hello
Off page optimization technique is really help to improve page rank.

AirForce1
16th December 2009, 11:36 PM
I think targeting right keywords and using them in anchor text when building backlinks would still be effective for ranking in SERP. :)

mikehussy1990
19th December 2009, 02:09 AM
Use smart techniques of SEO with intelligibly.

MRchamps
11th June 2010, 05:46 AM
best way to improve your ranking is submit your site in various sites like bookmarking, social networking, ads, forums directories

liquidroof
18th June 2010, 01:50 AM
Try to go for the maximum inbound links you can have to have the better SERP.

vectordesigner
19th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Let's not forget about the most important factor of being in business in the first place, (ROI) Return On Investment.

As you already know (By the information originally posted by the thread starter and other members posts), Link building, Content, image optimizing, on-page optimizing, etc... are the starting factors.

Now lets forget about the search engines for a second since you've already optimized the site & focus on optimizing for viewers. One can sit in the #1 spot of google for a popular term generating 20,000 hits per day, but if the site itself has little interest to the visitor, no conversion takes place.

With that in mind you also need to understand that after years & years of research, the average visitor will make a decision to continue viewing a site or leave within the first 3 seconds of landing on the page. This means that the landing page needs to capture interest immediately to achieve retention.

Retention is the threshold for ROI. The longer you retain their interest, the more they start to trust you, & the more comfortable they become in the conversion process. This is where a stimulating design, complementing theme graphics/images, & "call to action" phrases come into play to complement the site content already drawing the traffic from your seo efforts.

The main key is targeted traffic visiting, meaning the people coming to your landing page already want what you have to offer & aren't just random hits (Something you already achieved Via your organic seo efforts & strategically targeted marketing / advertising campaigns). A strategically targeted campaign makes all the difference in the world.

I could go on & on, but I'm sure you get the idea & direction I'm going with this.

Hope that helps, good luck!

janicejan
25th June 2010, 02:24 AM
There are lots of ideas when it comes to link building, but my favorite part is communicating with other bloggers or webmaster to ask for a link back or to write a guest blog post on their website so that we can place our link on their site. It is not tricky as other SEO strategies and all we need is good convincing power ;)

josaphlewis
30th June 2010, 02:53 AM
The answer lies in quality content. If your content is unique, lucrative and engaging, it will help you attract the search engines and readers as well. :wave2:

waynelapricon
30th June 2010, 10:49 PM
To improve the ranking in the SERP you havr to maintain the good and quality content on the site, also try to get as many backlinks as you can; backlinks helsp to improve the PR of the site in the search engines.

JC1227
30th June 2010, 11:51 PM
If you want to be lazy, high quality content is the way to go. If you have good content, over time, people will find it one way or another.

If you want to be diligent, do blog marketing, forum marketing, etc.

musicworld1
16th July 2010, 02:05 AM
I think you should get many good back links so your site will have a good ranking to search engines...

Bookmarking Tra
4th August 2010, 03:57 PM
Is there anyone who can help me to know about the difference between Black hat and White hat....
For high page ranking which one is best....

liquidroof
4th August 2010, 11:28 PM
There are hundred + factors which need to be focused when we talk about SERP listing.

Regarding my personal experience I would like to say that one should focus both:

-On-Page Optimization
-Off Page Optimization (Quality Inbound Links for the better results)

lyrafire
5th August 2010, 06:47 PM
1. Post well-written content that appeals to the long-tail. That means content that is specifically written with your product (and hopefully your business) in mind. Google favors the long tail.

2. Time and persistent effort--it won't happen over night.

3. Build backlinks with social media sites and by posting on forums and other people's blogs.

4. Set up a blog that serves your niche, not your business. I write web content. But rather than write about writing--and having already written small business articles for various sites--I set up a small business information blog designed specifically to appeal to my niche. I have another one on a different topic in the works.

5. After you establish your creds, guest blog. (I'm available!) On Copyblogger, Jonathan Morrow has a good post on this subject that contains links to even more good information. See the latest issue of www.copyblogger.com (http://www.copyblogger.com/).

6. Following Jon's advice--which I agree with--write less often, but produce quality content. He--and others like him--is his own good example. I never see anything on Copyblogger, Problogger, or the other very successful sites that is sloppy or thin, and the posts are worthwhile and easy to understand.

Read the comments following the current article that I'm talking about: The Three-Step Guide to Getting More Traffic by Writing Less. Some well-known and top-notch bloggers chime in to say that he is right. Interesting and helpful stuff.

merryjane
8th August 2010, 11:43 PM
You can improve your ranking of SERP by using your keywords as a anchor in the dofollow blogs and forums. and by doing blogging etc

Hampers
9th August 2010, 02:12 AM
Make sure you link across your blog so all previous posts still have some links and will be able to be read.

Having intra-site Optimization is something I have been lazy about but am only just starting to improve, after spending months in off site.

Funny how you go all over the world and the answer is often in your own backyard....

jamesparker100
19th August 2010, 02:41 AM
The only thing that can improve SERPs is the quality back links and back links can be increased by variety of ways like performing OFFpage techniques such as :
Directory submission
Article submission
PR submission
Blog commenting
Forum commenting
Blogging
etc...

BigDaddys101
19th August 2010, 12:29 PM
It always has been... and probably always will be the king. That's CONTENT. Content is king. But, you also have to be sure that you're writing the content that is going to work for you. It's got to include the key word phrases you're targeting for.

Also, keep in mind, search engines determine the relevancy of a page to the search term. So putting the terms in your meta description and title, then writing content that is not relevant to those titles and descriptions will get you nowhere... and fast.

Each page of your site should be targeted to 5-10 keywords and/or phrases that are (generally) related. That way you will have individual pages ranking for different key word searched.

Hope this helps!

MRchamps no one could give you a better answer. The only thing I could add to it is if you target longer tailed keywords and provide your user's with relevant content or information that keeps them there, eventually you will naturally rank for shorter keywords naturally doing anything special to rank for them.

At least that is how my sites have been working out

kiksmo.solution
10th September 2010, 02:11 AM
Meta tags and anchor text are two most important techniques, try DoFollow blog commenting and forum posting (signature). Other than this Content can play an important role, uniqueness and quality are two most important factor in content writing. Update your blog in an regular basis, use ping services to increase crawling rate...:)