Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : How To Target 2 Keywords In A Single Page?

vusal.zeynalov
6th April 2009, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Do someone know how to target 2 or more keywords in a single page? For example My site include information about "Great apple juice" and "Benefits of orange juice". My website is about these two subjects and I want to be found both of these keywords. I know that to target them for homepage we must write them in title tags, in h1s , h2s, bolds etc.

But I don't want to make a spammy title, and write them all at once. Is there a way to target these 2 keywords in my homepage?

torka
6th April 2009, 03:38 PM
What makes you think including two terms such as "Apple Juice" and "Orange Juice" in a title tag would make it spammy?

You can typically actively optimize any individual page for anywhere from two to five phrases. The more closely related the phrases are, the more phrases you can optimize for. The lower the competition for the phrase, the less it takes to actively optimize a page. For instance, you might be able to optimize a page for a very low-competition phrase without including the phrase in the title tag -- reserve that for the one or two most competitive phrases you're targeting with that page.

Additionally, there will likely be any number of other ancillary phrases for which your page might show up, but for which you didn't actively optimize.

"Try Our Great Apple Juice | The Benefits of Orange Juice" is a perfectly acceptable and non-spammy title tag.

If your home page is about both apple juice and orange juice, it should then be pretty easy to naturally include both phrases in headings and on-page content.

You can then create individual pages within your site that target each of these phrases separately, as well.

BTW, I hope you're not planning to optimize your entire site for just two phrases, are you? You need a lot more than that...

--Torka

vusal.zeynalov
6th April 2009, 04:50 PM
No, actually I am going to optimize my site's homepage for 1 or 2 keywords, however it must be optimized for 3-4 keywords, because it contains synonyms and all of these synonyms have a big search volume. (that's why I asked this question) But this is only homepage! each subpage will be optimized seperately for a unique keyword.(each subpage will have unique subject)

As you guess it will be a content site, big one.

In your example, it looks good. Let's say i want to optimize for these keywords: "Why everyone use blue widgets" , "Green widgets better than blue ones" , let's assume that these keywords are highly relevant and my site must be found when someone will search these keywords. Note that in homepage there are no h1, h2 tags. It is a dynamic site and updates daily. And there are first 2-3 sentences from featured articles in homepage. How must be my keyword strategy for optimizing for these 2 keywords my homepage? What do you think?

I plan to build my links with two anchor texts. Some with "Why everyone use blue widgets" some with "Green widgets better than blue ones", and including only one of them in my homepage's title tag. I hope it will work. :)

What do you think?

Thanks for response,

--Vusal.

CutCompCosts
8th April 2009, 06:03 PM
Can't you add an H1 tag to your home page? I guess I would need to know more about what CMS you are using to fully answer your question. I know with wordpress it's pretty easy to do what you want.

vusal.zeynalov
9th April 2009, 12:46 PM
CutCompCosts hi,

i think u didnt read all my question. I aks how to target 2-3 keywords ina given page.

acwebguru
10th April 2009, 12:21 AM
You are turning simple things in complex. The first thing is that you have to use main keywords in the fore of Meta title and Meta description and then try to blend these two keywords in the content. It is as simple as that.

john86
11th April 2009, 02:29 AM
If you want target your 2 keywords in a single page then more important thing is that page title should be use in your keywords like if you want target "Great apple juice" and "Benefits of orange juice" then your page title should be Great apple juice and Benefits of orange juice should be use in meta tegs.

lioncross070
13th April 2009, 06:49 AM
Getting all your metatags correct is the first start but you will also need to make your keywords bold and and the h1 tags.

Also create a few keyword anchor backlinks pointing back to your site using the same keyword phrases. (blue widgets, green widgets, and red widgets).

vsl.online
13th April 2009, 07:05 AM
Just a tip, the bars "|" won;t work anymore so might just skip from it as well.

By the way, if you ask me, I would make it "The Good of A Great apple Juice and the Benefits of Orange"

vusal.zeynalov
13th April 2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks to all for answers

Logan
13th April 2009, 09:32 PM
Just a tip, the bars "|" won;t work anymore so might just skip from it as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "won't work", but if you search google for the pipe symbol you will notice it is a non recognized character. You can use if you think the style of it helps in the serps, but a non character isn't a factor either way, and that is the way it has always been. just cosmetics.

my two cents ...

Create a page for each apple and orange. Then on those pages target multiple keywords related. Such Organic Apple Juice, Great Apple Juice, Buy Apple Juice

Apple Juice | Where To Buy Great Apple Juice, How To Buy Organic

Orange Juice | Health Benefits of Orange Juice & History

vusal.zeynalov
14th April 2009, 09:12 AM
Yes logan,

I think best way for this issue is building links with desired keywords. Internal and also external links must have targeted keywords in their anchor texts.

-- Vusal

niteshahir
28th May 2011, 05:02 AM
What makes you think including two terms such as "Apple Juice" and "Orange Juice" in a title tag would make it spammy?

You can typically actively optimize any individual page for anywhere from two to five phrases. The more closely related the phrases are, the more phrases you can optimize for. The lower the competition for the phrase, the less it takes to actively optimize a page. For instance, you might be able to optimize a page for a very low-competition phrase without including the phrase in the title tag -- reserve that for the one or two most competitive phrases you're targeting with that page.

Additionally, there will likely be any number of other ancillary phrases for which your page might show up, but for which you didn't actively optimize.

"Try Our Great Apple Juice | The Benefits of Orange Juice" is a perfectly acceptable and non-spammy title tag.

If your home page is about both apple juice and orange juice, it should then be pretty easy to naturally include both phrases in headings and on-page content.

You can then create individual pages within your site that target each of these phrases separately, as well.

BTW, I hope you're not planning to optimize your entire site for just two phrases, are you? You need a lot more than that...

--Torka

I have different question for my home page with similar issue so I want to ask in same thread rather than create new one.

I am working on link building campaign with my home page and targeting Web Development Company keyword for it.

Right now, my website is in top 50 position with my target keyword.

Now, I want to start work on link building campaign for Web Design Company keyword with my home page.

So, is it advisable to target 2 different keyword on home page?

If yes so will it mesh up performance for 1st keyword?

B2Bexpert
31st May 2011, 01:06 AM
I agreed, including 2 and more keywords into a single page It will looks like spammy,

But still you can do it

You have to make a title for those keywords
Benefits of orange and apple juice

in the description you should mention, orange juice, great apple juice

in the body content there must be two paragraph for each one

addyj672
31st May 2011, 01:35 AM
Hi,

Do someone know how to target 2 or more keywords in a single page? For example My site include information about "Great apple juice" and "Benefits of orange juice". My website is about these two subjects and I want to be found both of these keywords. I know that to target them for homepage we must write them in title tags, in h1s , h2s, bolds etc.

But I don't want to make a spammy title, and write them all at once. Is there a way to target these 2 keywords in my homepage?

I think you should arrange the title like this "Great Benefits of Apple and Orange Juice". It will not make it spammy title secondly you will cover lot of other keywords with this title... cheers..