Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Dynamic Content Issues

vusal.zeynalov
4th April 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in trouble :), please help me.

I am going to start my startup, a content website these days. Site will be updated daily and probably it will be in php. I really work hard, learn SEO, but I have some questions flying in my brain. I read SearchEngineGuide for a long time, but didnt used this forum. I am new here.

Before launching it, I want to know if programming it in php will not harm my SEO efforts. I have illustrated it to make it more clear. here it is http://www.mahirzeynalov.com/question.jpg

Logan
4th April 2009, 03:47 PM
1) the page extension between .php and html is not a variable that will impact your page rank. Either way, the pagerank will be the same regardless of the page extension

2) I'm not sure I understand. Are you using php includes to display the article? Either way, do a search in google for [site:www.yourdomain.com] to view the pages google has listed. Then select the cache link in google's results for the url in question. That cache (view source if not sure) is what google has spider/included. The url will have pagerank, but an include php is considered as part of another url as the spider/visitor views it.

3) PageRank is a formula based on links. Yes, if you want the pagerank to be the same ... then the link structure should stay the same. One approach is ... if your home page has a lot of links going to it, and thus pagerank you can also get links to the archive page which you want to increase the popularity/pagerank.

My two cents, don't worry about pagerank too much and realize that the pagerank displayed within the toolbar is not very reliable and only one factor of many.

vusal.zeynalov
4th April 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi Logan, thanks for your answer.

1) OK

2) Yes I mean php includes. Now I haven't any sites, I am just going to launch the site. My question was about, does spiders see php codes as html (like humans - we see them in browsers as html code) and count the links as normal?! or they dont see any link because they read php codes and dont see the links if they use include command.?!

3) OK

--Vusal

Logan
4th April 2009, 05:10 PM
You're welcome.

A php include is a function that is performed server side when the url is requested. So the page is generated on the server, with the php included, then delivered to the visitor/spider. A visitor or spider has no way to tell if you are using an include (or not), because it is generated server side. When you view a page in your browser, and view source ... that is the exact same output that a search engine spider indexes.

vusal.zeynalov
4th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks Logan, you gave me really great information!

These questions were my nightmares, really.

-- Vusal