Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Suddenly My Site Has Lost From Search Engines, Please Help Me...its Urgent

sshelp001
3rd April 2009, 10:19 AM
Hi.....

Suddenly my site has lost from search engines.... for a week it was at first page but no nowhere.....please help me.. what can be happend i need to know urgently. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee help me out.

torka
3rd April 2009, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately, it's impossible to say, especially given the almost nonexistent amount of information you've given us.

Resolving a question like this usually takes a professional in-depth review of your site, your competitor's sites and your major link partner sites. Not the sort of thing you're likely to get free off the Internet.

Assuming for whatever reason you don't want to / can't pay for a professional to analyze your situation and give you recommendations, here are a few scenarios and questions to get you started doing your own analysis.

You might have done something -- not necessarily something "against the rules", but something that affected your search ranking.

A lot of times people don't even realize the change they made could possibly have caused the problem. I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody's come in to one of the forums I frequent, swearing they made no changes can can't understand what happened... only we find out after some close questioning that they made this "one teensy little change" and are astonished to find out that might be the root of their issue.

So, have you made any changes at all to your site lately?

Other times, people do things they think are OK, but really aren't. Maybe they read somewhere about a "great new technique" to boost their rankings, and implement it without realizing it's against the search engines' rules. Sometimes they suspect it might be "pushing the envelope" but they do it anyway, figuring they can claim ignorance if they get caught.

What specific techniques and tactics have you been using to promote your site?

Sometimes, it's not what you did -- it's what somebody else did. Maybe a competitor hired a new SEO firm that's doing a great job of optimizing their pages. Or perhaps a new competitor entered your market and is doing exceptionally well in the search results, pushing your pages down.

Search results don't exist in a vacuum. If somebody else's pages go up, yours must go down -- so sometimes even if nothing has changed on your site, your rankings will drop because somebody else is suddenly doing something a lot better.

What have your competitors been up to online? Any major changes to their sites? Have they engaged in any new linking campaigns? Any new competitors popping up that you haven't seen before?

Or maybe you got a bunch of links from some sites that seemed legitimate, but the value of those links has diminished over time because the sites themselves never turned into the kind of quality resources the search engines want. (This happens a lot when people depend on links from free directories to try to power their way to the top.)

Or maybe you had a link from a strong site, but for whatever reason that link went away or migrated to a lower (less-powerful) position in their site.

Like if you had a link in a popular and powerful blog that appeared on the home page of the blog, but eventually scrolled to a secondary page, and then ended up in the archives. At first, you might get a lot of traffic from it, but eventually that traffic would slow to a trickle as the page that had your link on it gradually got buried deeper and deeper in the site. Same with ranking "juice."

Or maybe some other site (or sites) that were sending you significant link "juice" simply removed their links to you... or closed down their operations entirely.

Have there been any major changes to your link profile lately? Have you changed your site's internal navigation (which, being links, can also affect your search rankings)?

Sometimes it's not what you or anybody else did; it's just a "glitch" in the search engine database.

Sometimes it's the result of personalization -- you think you're seeing a big change in the rankings, but actually you're the only one who sees it. Everyone else sees something different. (This is one reason why rankings are becoming increasingly unreliable as measure of optimization success.)

You can tell this might have something to do with it if your traffic and sales stay relatively stable even while your rankings apparently drop off the map.

Are your traffic and sales affected by this apparent ranking drop? Or have they remained relatively stable (taking into account normal seasonal variations)?

If your traffic and sales remain stable, then there really isn't a problem.

If, on the other hand, traffic and sales are also down, then the apparently lower rankings you're seeing may also be seen by others -- so there might be a problem.

If your rankings are apparently affected in all major search engines, it's likely either something you did or something somebody else did. If it's only in one search engine while the rest are still fine, then it's potentially a database glitch, although it could still be due to something done but just not yet detected by the rest.

In any case, rankings aren't everything -- and it's always, always, always a bad idea to rely totally on free search engine rankings for your traffic. So what else are you doing to market your site?

--Torka

kusha001
4th April 2009, 08:50 PM
how old is the site? Maybe give us a link?

Give it some time. Sometimes sites drop for few days with "no reason" and they come back after a while. You might get droped into a sandbox or you might just got up there by mistake in the first place...

give us some more details so we can help

ElliotClark
5th April 2009, 06:33 AM
It happens sometimes, but resolves shortly. Don't worry. I imply that you have normal site and not warez or smth like that...

thomas09
5th April 2009, 09:00 AM
Hi,

It could be a temporary fluctuation and it happens sometimes so don't need to worry. Hoping that your site will get rank as usual very soon.

homebizseo.com
5th April 2009, 03:20 PM
Until a site and it rankings mature there will be a great amount of rank fluctuations for certain competitive "keyword phrases".

mucho
6th April 2009, 10:04 AM
Google search result is dancing. If you have a quality back links don't worry because your site will be back in its original rank.

ajp76054
6th April 2009, 12:04 PM
If you want you can always try linking to help increase and bring it back but it will resolve its self. However you should always increase your linking periodically to keep others from changing your rank.

Good luck.