Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : Do You Like Monthy Charges For SEO Or One-time?

stephen186
30th March 2009, 08:37 AM
Hi,

I know it depends upon the business and goals, but still want to know how do you guys like to hire SEO firms on a monthly basis or just one-time fee for some months..

eproducts
30th March 2009, 05:15 PM
Well it depends on whether we are talking about the initial optimization of a web site or page or the ongoing Search Engine Marketing that is required to keep those back links and fresh content added?

Initial Search Engine Optimization of a page or site should be a one-time charge and on-going SEO and Search Engine Marketing should be charged and evaluated on a month to month basis, due to needs and budgets that may change. Keeping the customer informed and involved with analytics and suggestions.

This is of course in the understanding that SEO and Search Engine Marketing is on-going and not a one-time fix.

So, I would suggest a monthly charge, as it would give the customer the flexibility and won't feel locked-in. And keep them well informed of data in layman's terms.

Hsekhar
1st April 2009, 01:38 AM
Neither, cos I SEO my sites on my own.

Coming to the actual question, I believe, It would be better to pay them monthly on seeing the monthly reports, SERP rank improvement.

acwebguru
2nd April 2009, 12:59 AM
Monthly charge is far better than one time charge because you can ask or implement new changes in your SEO campaign. Further you can stop work in the middle if you are satisfied with the quality of the work.

stephen186
4th April 2009, 04:18 AM
i would go with one timer cos it would get better result

How can one-time SEO get better results and not monthly SEO. Can u please explain it little bit.

I think if a person is opting for monthly SEO charges, it will be more beneficial and cost worthy. SEO's can also plan the strategy accordingly.

Lot of one-time SEO fees involves just some onpage optimization and then a link building package. Even if that helps in rankings, but it needs to be maintained with continuous efforts.

homebizseo.com
5th April 2009, 03:21 PM
You should charge an upfront fee and then a monthly fee for your service. SEO work takes months to see results and you may not receive income for your hard work.

Logan
5th April 2009, 08:52 PM
As a service provider, I preferred 3 month initial commitment payable monthly with an option to continue month over month at the end of that period when a more in depth understanding of the keyword market, initial rankings achieved and services required are understood better.

I think an issue with a one time payment is that the ongoing promotion of the site is not a consideration typically. Additionally, not all are in the situation to give it a cookie cutter answer. (a) Is it a new site where seo is being provided as it is developed. (b) Is it a site that has already been developed, with little consideration to seo (c) Is it an established site (i.e. time online, links, etc) that has not been optimized (d) Is it an established site that has had seo completed previously. If (d) then what work has already been completed and the ranking/keyword situation. Each of these scenarios is a bit different, and important to consider, when purchasing services and determining costs - imo.

mucho
6th April 2009, 10:05 AM
I prefer monthly basis so that if I am not satisfied with their sork i can cut their service.

ajp76054
6th April 2009, 11:59 AM
I really like a monthly charge better than anything.

geyser
9th April 2009, 02:26 AM
actually I hire per time basis and I obliged them to have a certain number of links per hour or should I say "quota", so if I'm not impressed with their job, I can easily cut it off in just a week..

Choice Checks
20th April 2009, 03:47 PM
I was paying alot of money monthly for the SEO to be done. Well come to find out, I didn't need it. Having a great SEO is needed to be done one time. SEO on every page, category, sub category to the product. If you miss a SEO on each page, it will hurt you.

OK you've done the SEO work. You dont need to have a 6 mth or a 1 yr contract. I had to learn the hard way and lost thousands of dollars. DO the seo...and then get into the blogging, press release, and social bookmarking. The more blogging you can do, with one keyword per blog, you'll being to increase your rankings with the search engines. It can take up to 2-3 mths before you'll see results. Have the google analysts and look at it daily. See how well your rankings are doing.

Another good thing is to make sure you have a very good clear, professional, easy navigation website. To be efficient in the blogging, you really have to know the products. On your site, write a news letter. Its all about the links

benniegriffey
21st April 2009, 04:29 AM
Monthly charges would be a better option rather then 1 time payment......