Google

Web smallbusinessbrief.com

View Full Version : SEO Interview Quetions?

stephen186
18th March 2009, 04:43 AM
Hi,
These are some SEO interview questions, please share your thoughts on this?

Q.1. How do you implement SEO on website? what steps you will take?

Q.2. What is difference between SEO and SMO?

Q.3 How will you go ahead with competition research?

If you do add some more questions, i would really appreciate that..

ktaylor310
18th March 2009, 12:04 PM
- Do you represent other companies in my industry or geographical area. If so, how do you handle the conflict of interest.

- May I have your references please and a list of websites you currently perform seo for so I can contact them.

acwebguru
20th March 2009, 01:08 AM
When you will use no follow attribute in interlinks?
Do any of your work grabbed top position in the front page of Sphinn or Digg?

getgoingonline
20th March 2009, 06:02 AM
Here is mine

What is black hat and White hat SEO?

What is on-page optimization?

chesa7
20th March 2009, 08:23 AM
Do you emphasize SEO or SEM?

Logan
20th March 2009, 12:22 PM
Will you be providing any services that do not comply with the popular search engines guidelines?

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769
http://about.ask.com/en/docs/about/webmasters.shtml
http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=wl_webmasters
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/basics/basics-18.html

I believe it is your responsibility to make sure anyone working on your site is complying with the search engine rules.

Outside of that, I would also ask for a clear explanation the role link popularity will play and what you should anticipate. You will be able to see who is linking to you in the future, so this should not be a mystery at the beginning ... and plays a crucial role.

vsl.online
20th March 2009, 03:22 PM
Now this sounds interesting. My questions would be:

What type of SEO are you?

How do you think PR really works?

Are there other things you do besides the usual SEO tasks ?

itzpaul
24th March 2009, 01:20 AM
To answer your questions.
Q.1. How do you implement SEO on website? what steps you will take?
I would use good keyword in title and use h1, h2, h3, h4 tags with images and "titles". I would also have a lot of content on my webpage related to my niche to eventually make it an authority website in it's niche.
Q.2. What is difference between SEO and SMO?
SEO is search engine optimization which is search engines. SMO is about social media optimization.
Q.3 How will you go ahead with competition research?
I'm not sure about this one just yet. I search for their backlinks check em on google and check other keywords to see what they are doing. I'll probably check the most common and high traffic spots to figure out if they are using it for backlinks.

That's my 2 cents. Maybe a real professional can help us both out. A question I'd like to ask is.

1. I'd like to know is that all there is to it to rank #1 on google.

colleentyler
28th March 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi Itzpaul, I really thanks for your answer.. you were doing great work....ok
How Much of the Original PageRank Formula Still Matters?
How can I find out how much traffic my competitor's site receives?
please tell me the correct answer... I'll expect for your reply...

stephen186
28th March 2009, 02:10 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks for your questions, Keep coming.

How Much of the Original PageRank Formula Still Matters?
The original pagerank formula does matter and it depends upon the backlinks. When i say backlinks, i mean quality backlinks. Even though PR is not the only factor in deciding SERP ranking, it is one of the things search engines give weightage.

How can I find out how much traffic my competitor's site receives?
Well, there are sites like compete.com or even alexa to get a brief overview of the competitor's site traffic.

colleentyler
1st April 2009, 01:59 AM
Hi Stephen,
Thank you very much for your answer..

Juliusanderson
1st April 2009, 07:11 AM
well i can't disclose everything on the board but can you tell me with which company you are working right now?

acwebguru
2nd April 2009, 12:57 AM
I have another question. Try it if you can:
Why Google not shows all the back links like Yahoo( mind it, it is not about quality or relevancy)?

Jack16
2nd April 2009, 07:34 AM
Hello every one

Check these

1.Under what circumstances would you look to exclude pages from search engines using robots.txt vs meta robots tag?

2.What areas do you think are currently the most important in organically ranking a site?

3.What do you think about link buying?

4. How do you evaluate whether an SEO campaign is working?

5. Why Alexa rank goes down even the site traffic is increasing?

stephen186
4th April 2009, 04:22 AM
well i can't disclose everything on the board but can you tell me with which company you are working right now?

I am a freelancer..

Hello every one

Check these

2.What areas do you think are currently the most important in organically ranking a site?

3.What do you think about link buying?

4. How do you evaluate whether an SEO campaign is working?

5. Why Alexa rank goes down even the site traffic is increasing?

I do not know the first one..

2. I think the most important areas Meta Title tag, which plays important role in SERP and meta description, which also serves as a marketing statement on the SERP. The second thing is of course quality backlinks over quantity.

3. I am not totally against of Link Buying.

4. Success of SEO campaign depends on the actual goals. It is not about traffic, which SEO brings in but it is all about conversion that it brings through its targeted approach. So i think we can easily evaluate the SEO campaign using our conversion ratio whether it is working or not.

5. It might be because traffic may be coming from some bots or software and not from the search engines.

ethanjames
30th April 2009, 07:18 AM
Wow it's very nice thread.... I got more seo related information from this thread ... thanks for your sharing guys...